Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Oscar - the South African Boerboel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Scott
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so funny to watch him - he slid off shortly afterwards, but jumped straight back up before I could get the camera switched on!

I have to say that he is the ONLY dog that was ever allowed on the furniture - and that was down to my husband keep saying 'oh, shame, let him get up next to you' and such like!

It must have been his lovely face (the dog that is!) that addled my brain Laughing

At 6 months old enough was enough! I couldn't move! So, I spent a week constantly getting him off the sofa or stopping him getting up and I can honestly say that he has never done it since - thank goodness!!

Can you imagine the trouble I'd have if he had been allowed to carry on - excuse me, who's in charge in this house!!!

Lynn
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that when he was allowed or when he could fit on the sofa Laughing
how did he hurt his leg.

Lynn Scott
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right - it was a good job he was banned eventually cos he would have outgrown the sofa I think!!

I have no idea what was wrong with his leg! He began limping intermittently when he was about 15 months old (or somewhere around that time) - he'd be fine then suddenly he limped on his front right leg.

I took him to the vet who referred us to the Vet School here in Glasgow - they did all sorts of checks - X-rays, joint taps etc etc but there was nothing showing clinically. They recommended hydrotherapy as a part of his treatment - and he loved it! Paul (the guy who owned the place) and I always had to lift him in - no easy feat I can tell you - but once in he thought it was great! Once out, he would stand under the shower and get washed down, and then stand while he was dried with some big hairdryer, which he also loved:-))

He was at hydrotherapy towards the latter part of 2005 and was discharged from the Vet School some time in 2006, and I would say that he only stopped the intermittent limping around March or April of this year! I was beginning to think he was putting it on when he felt like it! Here's hoping that it doesn't return!

The problem with these dogs is that they have the pain threshold of a telegraph pole so don't show any signs of pain at all. We've had a few cruciate problems in the breed and owners have a major job to convince vets that there is a problem because they show no discomfort at all and continue to charge around like idiots! They are certainly not wimps that's for sure Laughing

Lynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: