Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
The One Show now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: The One Show now... Reply with quote

....Woman doing TTouch on a dog who is terrified of fireworks.
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....the TTouch has had an enormous impact on helping this dog overcome her fear of fireworks. It shows you the dog with a wrap on after having TTouch done, earwork etc. The dog is much more relaxed and although she went under the bed at time, she came back out and lay on the sofa looking much happier and contented. Before she wouldn't come out at all from under the bed.
linsey
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught the end of that - a dog wrapped up in a bandage or something and the woman was stroking its ears etc?

At first I was like what is she doing to the wee dog, but it looks really interesting!
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a few links on TTouch, Linsey, as well as some info on it. It's really interesting.

The bandage/wrap is to try and help the dog feel calm and settled, without it being emotionally attached to the dog. The wrap has to be close fitting but not too tight. Doggie tshirts/jumpers or baby tshirts can also be used.

If dogs are difficult to train or find it hard to focus, TTouch excercises like earwork along with a wrap can help them settle down and can also help them focus.
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably think of parts of it as doggie massage. Now, i've never had a massage, but I would really love one! Every person I know who has had one says they are absolutely fantastic and they feel so relaxed and chilled out afterwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: