Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
dogs at war

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: dogs at war Reply with quote

i have been reading this book called dogs at war. it is very interesting, with lots of different breeds, and how they were used and trained.

just read this bit where the dog wouldn't stop leaning out of the helicopter to feel the wind on his face. the handler kept pulling him back and pulling him back but he still lent forward so the handler decided to take up some of slake on the lead in his had, the next time the dog lent forward he let the slack go and the dog pitched foreword. the dog got a fright and skulked back to his handlers side, he never lent out the helicopter again.

i know that's not about the war i just thought it was interesting. it might be a good idea to let your dog do something you don't want it to so it will make up its own mind not to do it again. Twisted Evil

the book is very good there are some really impressive and heroic story's of both trained dogs and just camp mascots picked from the street.

Janice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are some amazing stories about animals at war, but I just hate the way they trust the human race and then are used in situations like war.
I remember my grandmother saying her first husband found hearing the screams of the horses the worst bit of being the trenches (WW1)
Sorry it just annoys.
Janice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil It has crossed my mind to leave Dale behind when he won't come to get his lead on, but I'd just worry about him too much. With my luck he'd enjoy himself. Though I have left him at home when he won't come and sit to get it on in the house. he doesn't like that Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: