Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
hello everyone from Kerry & Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheryl
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks like a wolf, hes sooooooooooooooooocute! Look at his beautiful blue eyes!!!
Awwwwwwwwwww!
x
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww big blue eyes Very Happy
Janice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love4 ooooh He's so adorable. I love his expression.
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH HE'S JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful face!!!!!!! Oh I want to cuddle him!!!
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous puppy. Absolutely stunning. Very Happy
Eleanor
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry & Paul

Koda is a beautiful puppy.

Introducing the crate, as you've said earlier you have read the books.
Please make sure that the crate is a nice place for him to be, never use it to punish Koda for anything unacceptable that he has done.
If he whines or barks don't pay him any attention, or even look at him (hard to do I know). Wait until he is quiet before you let him out (initially just a few minutes), then as a reward play a game with him, then do the same again. Build up the time he is being left. Start off where he can see you, then build up the distance gradually until you can leave the room. It is a good idea to leave a radio on in the background so it's not deadly quiet each time you leave him. I always leave a radio on for my dogs when I'm out.

You may wish to put cover over part of the crate to turn it into a den for him, where he may feel a little safer than an open crate. Be patient, you'll get there.

Play biting is play, not real aggression. It's best to direct play biting onto toys (soft). If Koda's teeth touch your skin then all play must stop, do not look at him or say anything just walk away slowly. If after a few play sessions of trying this he persists with biting skin, introduce a short sharp yelp sound (this will startle Koda) again all play must stop and you walk away slowly again saying nothing and no eye contact. Koda will learn that teeth on human skin means play will stop and toys are much more fun.

Hope all this makes sense.

You may to wish consider enrolling Koda for Puppy School with him just being a baby puppy, these are the puppy socialization and training classes which I run separately from the club for puppies up to 20 weeks old. If you are interested have a look at the puppy section.

Have fun

Eleanor Smile
kirsty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry and Paul

your pup is fab, look forward to meeting him soon.

Kirsty, bob and dodge.
kerry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you everyone for your help. he gets his 2nd jag in 2 weeks time so he will be able to attend classes in a few weeks Very Happy trying to teach him a few tricks just now as he seems really keen to learn, well when he is interested Laughing . he learned how to sit and give a paw(and change paws sometimes) within a day. But teaching him to not jump on the couch or bite he seems to ignore Smile hopefully in few days he will show improvement using the advice i was given from you.

thank you
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: hello everyone from Kerry & Paul Reply with quote

Hi Kerry & Paul,

We have a pen for Mishka our German shepherd. She is 17 months now and will go to her pen throughout the day when we are in. The important thing is not to disturb them when they go to the pen as this will be their domain.
Robert is still feeling bad when we leave her in it but does see the benefits of having her in a pen.

It is a safe haven for them. It can also prevent chewing when they aren't supervised as well as coming to any harm.

As far as the mouthing you must always without exception give the dog a sharp correction and ignore them for a while after. Let the dog get attention on your grounds not when they maybe want to 'sook 'up after getting into trouble. They don't like it but I have found it works very quickly.

You must never, even in play allow them to mouth your hand as cute as it may be when they are pups it can become sore and a problem as they get bigger.

Keep at it and good luck. Perseverance is the key.

Rolling Eyes
shirley c

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome

How gorgeous is your wee puppy Very Happy bet he is keeping you on your toes Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: