Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Lady, Skye and the crates
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now no giving me a row, but we kept Pixel on our bed as a pup, so when she started to get restless, one of us would jump up and take her out before she got to jump off the bed Embarassed it worked for us, but we did use the crate during the day as she was a nightmare for getting into stuff.

Even now if she wants out the odd time in the middle of the night she will jump up onto the bed, then once you are dressed (hpusecoat or whatever Very Happy ) she jumps down and waits at the door Laughing
Lindy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used crates with both of mine to stop chewing when out during the day and to help toilet train at night and as a wee safe place, they both love them and I still shut them in at night, Dora occasionaly goes into hers if she is really tired and Lizzy has started doing the same. They do prefer to be in the same room as us but at night it's crate time. i'm thinking of changing to a bigger one for them to cuddle in togther not sure?
Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two for the Beagles but they always cuddled up in one so I gave one away and stuck to the one between two of them. It depends on how they sleep. Beagles like to sleep in a heap.
Lisa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a crate from the very start with Kai but I put it in the garage last month. It was a ridiculous size and I was fed up with it. Selfish I know but it had to go as it meant we had to have the dining table in the living room. We've had some issues with regards to Kai eat everything he can get his paws on but I've just started clearing the area that he's in before we leave (kitchen, halls and stairs) However today he's been on the kitchen worktop and has managed to get the key tree onto the floor where he's proceeded to have a chew on all the keys, alarm fobs and all Shocked Finding keys all over the house Confused I'm gonna keep at it but only because I don't to give up when he has been doing so well. However the crate was really beneficial whilst we were using it.
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're lucky in that our kitchen can accommodate it, but I do get fed up with it being there.

But no way is he not going in it - he would misbehave and I wouldn't sleep worrying about my kitchen!

I was in the shower yesterday and came out to find him chucking my underwear about the room!
Emma*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne H wrote:
We're lucky in that our kitchen can accommodate it, but I do get fed up with it being there.

But no way is he not going in it - he would misbehave and I wouldn't sleep worrying about my kitchen!

I was in the shower yesterday and came out to find him chucking my underwear about the room!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lisa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, yup Kai went through a stage where he was obsessed by underwear. Often found him wrapped in bra's, etc. The clothes horse thingy is now in a bedroom away from him.

The crate was not a long term solution to me, it was something I planned on using whilst he was small and inclined to chew.
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lady, Skye and the crates Reply with quote

[Hi Emma. We always locked Mishka's crate at night or when we went out anywhere. She didn't mind because it was her 'space'. Good luck
Emma*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deborah

All is going great!! The girls love their crates and they have been a godsend not only for me but for the girls as we are having a wall knocked down in the living room this week!!
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that you should keep them crated until they are two?

But then the vet told me that German Pointers don't actually grow up until they are six!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: