Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Reason for getting a crate!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reason for getting a crate! Reply with quote

Got back from my friends wedding yesterday. My Mum had picked up the dogs from Kennels (Thanks Kendal!) and had just left them for about 20 minutes. We opened the door and all we could smell was gas. Hektor had jumped his front paws up on the worktop in an attempt to get the cat food and had turned on the gas hob!!!! I dread to think what could have happened if we had been any later or if the heating had kicked in from the timer.

He will now be locked out of the kitchen from now on.

Thats another few grey hairs, just as well I get highlights! Shocked
Janis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LISA FROM WHAT I HEARD FROM KENDAL HECTOR AND OLLIE WERE GREAT!

AS FOR A CRATE ASK EMMA SHE COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH HER TWO TOOK TO THEM! IT'S ALMOST LIKE GIVING A CHILD THEIR OWN BEDROOM!
GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AND THAT EVERYTHING WAS OK WITH THE GAS!
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lisa, our neighbours dog did just that!!!! They came home to a strong smell of gas and a dog that was asleep! Shocked he had jumped up to see what was in the kitchen and accidentally managed to turn the gas hob on.
TERRIFYING the thought of what might have happened. Thankfully the guy smelled the gas right away and didn't turn the light switch on and got the dog out too. The dog was fine but they got a helluva fright!
Gaelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuthbert hasn't tried that trick yet but it was only a matter of time as he can reach work surfaces now no problem at all so we decided to pre-empt him and got a baby-gate for the kitchen door and so far so good! He gives me quite enough white hairs as it is thank you very much!! Smile Razz Razz
Emma*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Lisa has your hair turned white yet!!!! Shocked
GET A CRATE!!! LOL

On a serious note though you would never have forgiven yourself..or Hector if god forbid something bad did happen. I got my 2 crates after Lady chewed through a radiator pipe and a door frame and skirting board and i had only been out for 40 mins!! Even worse she has never chewed anything else before Confused

It was John that made me think what if it had been an electric cable she chewed through, that's when i ordered the crates.
Lady and Skye at the moment are BIG on chewing so my house and they, are safe in the crates.
We have never had any protests or whining they love their crates,they go in of their own accord all through out the day and if they are left in the day or overnight the door is locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: