Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
long line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Bargain Buys & Other Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can introduce them to a harness when they are babies..Cruiser got his first harness at 5 months..and was pulling little sticks around..then progressed to bike tyres to car tyres..They are old enough to compete at a year old..

I would get an X back for him..We have Bjorkis harnesses and they are fab.. I can put you in contact with a rep for them..

Just start of slow..with branches etc.. so he gets used to the noise of something behind him.. then build up over a couple of months..
Or just jump in feet first and hitch him up to a rig or scooter..and see what he does..you will be surprised how much instinct kicks in..

Devilla forest is a fab place..there are often rallies there, you could see if thye have recreational classes and join in for fun..
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh we might take a wee trip up there one day:) would love to see him join in, i rem a while ago when we first talked to someone about it, they said if you went to a fun day some groups might let him run with them to see how he handles it.

Oh i have never heard of Bjorkis, then again i have just started looking for a X back for him, that would be great if you could give me details of how to contact them
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorkis are from Sweden and are very hard to get a hold of over here...A friend gets them in bulk and sells them on..
I will make sure her email addy is the same then PM it to you..

yes at some rallies or seminars they do "teach ins" which teach you what gang lines are etc.. and how to put a harness on and give it a go..Alternatively you could meet up with someone like me!! who has 2 nutty malamutes who will pull whatever you put in front of them LOL Laughing
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still want a long line if so I have one (30 ft I think)) which you can have if you want it. It is quite new and is cord. If you want it you are more than welcome to it and I could bring it to class on Sunday for you.
Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Bargain Buys & Other Recommendations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: