Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
New Comer Looking for advice :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, i'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone for contributing with a little bit of advice, it's greatly appreciated Wink

Well i've still got the thinking cap on to see if its all manageable but hopefully with some time and planning I'll have a four-legged friend soon. I think a Greyhound/lurcher would probably be my favored breeds so Shirley i may pick your brains in the near future if you don't mind.

I can't believe i had people thinking about it while they were in bed last night - i thought i only did crazy things like that! lol

Thanks!!

Lorraine
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorry wrote:

I can't believe i had people thinking about it while they were in bed last night - i thought i only did crazy things like that! lol

welcome to the dog world Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

shirley c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip, think we are all as bad as each other there Laughing

I was thinking even a quieter type lurcher, if you were looking to train or do high volume excersise, lurchers have more stamina than Grehounds who are sprinters, tho they can go roller skating and cycling too, just thinking ideas for you Smile a quieter lurcher would be one without collie or bull terrier types who casn be more of a handful. I may be biased but I love whippet x beddlington terrier lurchers, but well that is Pixel with greyhound in the mix and she is perfect (ok again to me anyway love4 )
Ross/Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with Shirley on the rehoming of the greyhound... Wink
a friend of mine is/ was the chairwoman of one of the greyhound rescue charities, but cant remember which one. (sorry Embarassed im useless)

As with leaving the dog in the house during the day, we do that with Giles (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) just now - technically he's not alone as he has two adopted brothers (cats).
When we're not at work, he comes everywhere with us. He has developed quite a taste for Horse poo up at the stables! Actually makes mucking out a hell of a lot easier! Laughing

...anyway, we couldnt have him without the help of my sister who walks him during the day which is a MASSIVE help!
Theres a Doggy day care centre up next to Ali's work, so he'll go there if Lisa is struggling.

There's definitiely options Lorraine, just make sure you are prepared and know whats best for you and the dog.... but i think you are already several steps ahead of me on that one Wink
Gaelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also Crowbank kennels (where Kendal works) in Cumbernauld who do day boarding too if you are stuck during the day.
sarah&roxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for bringing up an old thread but can anyone recommend a good dog walker that covers Baillieston? I house share and usually am working opposite shifts to my housemate, shes going away next month however and the chances are Roxy is going to be on her own for a couple of days while I'm working (i work 12 hr shifts). evidently i need a plan for then, i had tried a dog walker that covers Glasgow, a guy called Alexander i think, but he didn't get back to me, has anyone got any ideas? i leave the house at 6:15am and get back at about 8:30pm so obviously need someone for a morning walk and an afternoon walk and couldn't really do daycare. It would only be for 3 days max, probably only 2.

Sarah & Roxy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: