Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
New puppy owner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackdeb
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie and I had a good look at your pictures.

They are a couple of wee crackers.

And you guessed it, Debbie wants a puppy now.

Here are a couple of shots of Kodi as a pup. She was about 10-12 weeks. She is three and a half now.

Don't have a puppy picture of Oscar as he was a rescue dog. We got him when he was about 8-9 months old.

Below are a couple of Oscar from last week. He looks a bit gay with his bows in but he was just back from the groomers.

He looks real good now.

Jack
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg so so cute, looks just like debs two pooches, i do love all spaniel's.welcome to the forum.i am Tracy and my other half is Craig, we have a German shepherd named Enzo who is now 9 months old and just love him to bits, believe it or not when in said i wanted a puppy last year Craig wanted a Rottweiler and i said i wanted either a German shepherd or a king Charles spaniel (i think totally chalk and cheese ) but as i say love gsd's and spaniels Very Happy Very Happy
allie_jane
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are pretty cute..

Again thanks for all the advice, Since we have calmed down and let the pups get on with it, they seem to be fighting less, they are also better at mouthing and not hurting each other.

Also we have started separating them for a while, myself and Jim take one each into separate rooms, we also have started encouraging them to sleep in different crates (we have a travel one), at least some of the time.

I'm so surprised about how calm this is helping them to be..

Really looking forward to meeting everyone - and your beautiful dogs.

Allie
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are a bit more relaxed and that therefore the pups are now Allie. You DO tend to find that as they grow up they automatically are more gentle with mouthing as opposed to biting as they seem to suddenly realise biting HURTS Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

The more chilled and in control YOU and your hubby are the more they will follow suit. Don't fret if they have setbacks, just correct them, they are after all just babies and have a huge amount of learning to do as well as energy to expend - enjoy this phase - I just ADORE it Very Happy
allie_jane
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep asking questions but one more please.

Myself and my hubbie will have to go back to work next week, we have someone coming in to do puppy visits and family will be helping out, but my main question is regarding their crates.

At the moment they are sleeping in the same crate, should that continue? or should be get a second one and crate them separately?

Thanks

Alison
Janis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see why not!............it has worked for mine.............my eldest two have been together since the second arrived and my third who is only coming up for 16 weeks has been in with them from 3 days in the house and they are perfectly happy both during the day if i am out and at night for bedtime!
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally my girls have their own crate each and it's been that way since they were first with us. It gives them very much needed time out from each other but the crates are side by side so they still see each other and don't fret. My girls are Staffies so even though they adore each other and play and cuddle up together beautifully I didn't want to take any risks for when I am not there Wink

Converseley my boy Sykes has never been crated and I wouldn't even think of starting now, he doesn't do anything wrong bless him and has loads of comfy beds dotted around the house so he gets to pick where he chills out Cool
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww how cute are the pups they are gorgeous Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jack/Debs, how cute are those pics of Oscar & Kodi Very Happy Very Happy
tricia
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two border terriers have their own crates but during the day when I leave the pups crate open , you will always find them snuggled up together in the one crate.
I don't leave Ruby's crate open at night or when we go out as she would annoy the other two with her energy and wanting to play all the time... The older dogs do like a bit of peace on their own sometimes.

As long as your two pups are getting along well now and there is no risk of them fighting... they should be ok left alone together.... but sometimes with litter mates there can be squabbles that can get out of hand, so I would keep an eye on that and if you think one is getting bullied... get them separate crates.

Sorry forgot to introduce myself I'm Tricia and I have Lucy, Bracken and her daughter Ruby...
A collie cross and 2 border terriers,.... welcome to the forum... you have two gorgeous puppies there Smile
Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Allie, I have 2 rescue black Great Danes. Basil is about 7 yrs old and Poppy is 16 months. Don't worry about the noises or the mouthing. it is natural. Mine can sound like they are killing each other when they are playing. Strangers have been known to yell at me when they see the dogs' teeth when they are playing over the glen. They are actually very gentle beasts, just large.

I agree whether your puppies are crated together or not depends on their nature. As litter mates I would tend to crate them separately but close together to avoid the fighting. But, you will know your puppies best. They are gorgeous!
Isabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi allie cheers You'll find the forum really useful and full of friendly folk Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: