Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Kennels-not happy!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isabel
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Kennels-not happy!!! Reply with quote

We normally out our two into Crowbank when we are away who are always really good, but they didn't have a space this past weekend so we put them into Arcadia pet hotel-never again. They both came out covered in urine, you could see it all over them and they were absolutely stinking. They were definitely not very well looked after. Wanted to let you know in case anyone thought about using them, I wouldn't recommend it at all and I'm going to put a complaint in Evil or Very Mad
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor boys! Its stressful enough leaving them without coming back to that!

My Mum went to see them last week, we usually use Crowbank too but again they were full. She wasnt happy about the place either, so has decided to book her lot into Burnside in Denny after going to see them the next day. She was well impressed with them, apparently they even had hanging flower baskets in the kennels Laughing

Will let you know how they get on (not til 8th August)

Lisa
steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam had Sasha in that Arcadia place years ago. Never again, came back a bag of bones and traumatised! Steer clear!
Pictures Videos
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not.had.first.hand.experience.but.not.heard.any.good.reports!!!!!!...............and.to.my.knowledge.they.ask.for.payment.
up.front!!!!..........i.am.so.sorry.alfie.and.doogle.were.treated.this.way!!!!! Crying or Very sad
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god, poor boys.

its really hard this time of year to get bookings at crowbank as we tend to be fully booked up for June, July and August by Christmas the previous year.

we have been having alot of cancellations due to one thing or another (mainly money, can't afford the holiday and booking the dog into kennels) but im guessing there were no cancellations for the dates you were looking for.

so sorry to hear about them, can i as how long they were if Arcadia for.

we do get some dirty dogs in who do the toilet in there outside runs then jump in it before we get to clean it. and i have seen some of thees dogs getting bathed 3 or 4 times during there stay just to keep them clean and to stop the kennel; from smelling.
but i can assure you your boys are not like that and i don't even think i have had to mop up even a pee in there outside run anytime they have been in. they have always waited for there walks.

hope the boys were not too traumatized and that you made a complaint.

oh lol when i saw the title of this post and your name next to in i thought something had happened at crowbank lol even though i was there on Monday and the weekend so new they hadnt been in.

alisonD
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would defiantly recommend Burnside pet hotel in Denny. I speak very highly of Neil and Linda that own the business your dogs will be in very safe hands Alison.
Isabel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were in from thursday to monday kendal. And they both seemed quite thin too and not too happy. Whenever they come back from your kennels they always come back smelling nice and seem well looked after, not at Arcadia Evil or Very Mad I wanted to let everyone know so they don't put their dogs in, it's disgraceful!!! I'm going to go and visit a few kennels so if Crowbank is full again I know we have a back-up where they will be well looked after. I'll put burnside on my list as it sounds good.
lynn 01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks or passing this on Izzy. I really hope the boys are okay.
alisonD
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that here that Isabel . Neil and Linda that have Burnside have had a great name for over 20 years and are my ex partners parents so i know how kind they are to the dogs and the kennels are always clean and dogs are always walked .
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Izzy, that is disgusting,, your poor wee boys Sad

I think complaints to the council and RSPCA also should be made Evil or Very Mad
Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzy, so sorry the boys were treated badly. Thanks for warning us. Good luck with your complaint.
kendal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is the people who run it were band from having a license to own a kennel. its now their son who has the license. they now just run the place.

kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzy, my boys came out of Arcadia in June in the same condition... I have actually paid in advance for them to be in this week-end but last night have made alternative arrangements. These kennels were ok for the past year or two as they had been taken over by new owners who have now moved on. Previously they had a terrible reputation and a dog came out of there minus an eye...big news story.

I have booked for next june in crowbank even though we have no holidays booked but will arrange leave around the crowbank dates. I like crowbank because they have a large double kennel and bob and dodge can go in together.

Burnside are great....particularly for GSD as the owner had bred them....I used to book my GSD bitch in there and she came out better behaved than she went in. (Im sure it was Burnside) we heard about the kennels because my brother in law had done all the electrics when the place was built and raved about how good the accommodation was
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just sitting thinking about this. I was going to just 'not appear' at arcadia on Sunday - they have the money so I am not doing them out of business....but I have decided to call them and let them know what I think of the care my dogs received and will follow that up with a letter! AND LET THEM KNOW THAT I HAVE POSTED MY VIEWS ON A DOG FORUM
Isabel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have made the right decision there Kirsty, I would never put my boys back in there and I feel bad they were left there.

We are definitely going to put a complaint into the council and I thought if there was anyone else who had bad experiences with them we could put a joint complaint in as the more people the better. I am disgusted to hear that they have been banned before and that they have got a license through their son Twisted Evil Does anyone know the correct person I should be complaining to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: