Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
find the pit bull

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: find the pit bull Reply with quote

you hear people say my dog was attacked by a pit bull, but how do you know it is that specific breed.

check this out and see if you can find the pit bull. i admit it took me 6 attempts to get it, i picked out the American bulldog the Dogo Argentio the Ca De Bo the Alano Espanol the Presa Canairo and the Cane Corso. before i got the American pit bull

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Christina McDermott
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - 6 attempts for me too....

http://www.kerryblues.info/

http://www.secondchancekennels.org/index.php
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it first go... mum got it on her 2nd attempt
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 tries for me too...thought I knew the breed, just shows you! Smile

Lisa
Dave Rowland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 times for me...im clueless anyway
Isabel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it on the 2nd attempt but was hard cos it only a pup that is shown.
shirley c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd go for me Very Happy
shirley c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you see the Thai Ridgeback, Allan and my mum both like them, my mum was going to bring one over from Holland one year Very Happy
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you would expect from me I got it first attempt. I LOVE PitBulls but I DON'T love what MAN forces them to do. Evil or Very Mad
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well did anyone watch send in the dogs this week as two pitbulls were picked out by police and very sadly put to sleep,i love this pro gramme but found this part very upsetting and i must admit did not know they were illegal dogs in this country,one was very aggressive and the other very friendly which makes it so much more upsetting,i am disgusted that they are used for fighting dogs and the friendly one was seen dangling from a tree to strengthen his jaws which is the humans that have made this breed of dog illegal as i am sure they could be very loving pets but the policewoman said she does not feel sorry that this breed gets put to sleep as she sees the injuries that these poor dogs are inflicted to,makes me so mad Evil or Very Mad
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I watched it and spent the entire time SCREAMING at the telly and ranting all over FaceBook

I was DISGUSTED at the callous, uncompassionate way both the Police AND the Narrator spoke about those dogs. Vilifying them when NEITHER had done a damned thing wrong!!!

I am sorry but that 2nd PBT was NOT out and out aggressive. It was VERY clearly evident to me that he was TOTALLY Fear based and was simply warning them off as he was scared, his barks were too high pitched, betraying his fear, his body language was at NO time displaying imminent attack signals. Did they even attempt to calm him??? NO they did NOT! Did they approach him gently, calmly, firmly?? NO they did NOT - they cornered him - how the hell else is ANY dog, who has learned to mistrust humans, supposed to act??? At NO time did that dog even ATTEMPT to bite EITHER officer and he had AMPLE opportunity to do so! The ONLY time he so much as attempted a bite was when they had got those 2 poles on him and were dragging him to God knows what horror (in his mind). I am sorry but had I been there I can tell you here and now I wouldn't have hesitated to approach that dog in the RIGHT way and would have had him on a lead in no time at all with no harm being done to either of us. What Madame Mardy would have made of the situation when we got home I have no idea but I wouldn't have handed him over simply to be destroyed. That dog had a LOT of Staffie in him, much more than Pit. ALL BOTH dogs needed was to be placed with responsible, loving, strong owners who know the breed and would be willing to obey the draconian laws applied to PBT, muzzled and leashed at ALL times in public and castrated immediately so as not to risk the line continuing because of what MAN has bred them and forced them to do!!!

I'm sorry but this strikes a VERY deep chord for me. I have watched with great interest LOTS of news feeds about PBT Rescue in the States and Staffie Rescue here. 99.99999% of these breeds can be rehabilitated SUCCESSFULLY and pose no future harm or threat IF handled correctly - just look at all Cesar has achieved. BADRAP, PBT Rescue in Utah, my friends in pfrl Rescue New York etc etc.

Here's a link I would like you to read. It is focussed on the dogs rescued from the BadNewz DogFighting kennels owned and run by disgraced Atlanta Falcons "star" Michael Vick (I have other names for this scumbag and some even rhyme with his surname). This shows you how even dogs from the most HORRIFIC backgrounds can be rehabilitated - some with amazing success. I defy you not to cry. Each time I visit the site for updates I bawl my eyes out. Johnny Justice is one of BADRAPs poster dogs. Of the 49 dogs rescued from that hell hole only 2 were euthanised. 1 because she was too ill to live and the other because it was too far gone psychologically to help. 47 made it. Most are living happily in Foster homes with other dogs and children, they cannot legally be adopted until 6 months after their initial placement and until their fosterers have exhibited they are able and willing to do the right thing which includes tough retraining.
DISCLAIMER: There are some videos I would like you to practice caution over clicking on. There are Some scenes of the DogPits in use. There are a few short clips of actual fights. Nothing TOO graphic but if viewing I would suggest you hover your mouse over the pause button so you can stop it if it gets too much for you, I managed to watch them all but it was hard going in some of them.

Please at least read. There are some inspirational stories on there, some that will move you to tears and some that will restore your faith in human nature. ALL will educate and help people understand this much abused and maligned breed. I KNOW bad ones exist but they are USUALLY man made and NOT that way at all if brought up correctly - just look at DADDY!!!!!

Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally 100% with you Jack as it is not the dog that has the problem but the owners as i know with my Enzo who i thought had the problem but meeting John brought him in a much better state of mind,i am disgusted that these dogs are put to sleep without a chance,so so sad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: