Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Hi from Steve and Mylo, but sadly need your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Hi from Steve and Mylo, but sadly need your help Reply with quote

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well, sorry we've not been around but having twins tends to take over all your free time, with Sunday being the new 'baby swim day' and weekends i take over to give Sam more time to herself.

Stella and Olivia are 6 months old now and doing great, starting to crawl about and will be toddling before we know it.

Mylo and Sasha are doing great too, we got Mylo's 'issues' sorted out almost instantly months ago, thanks to the behaviour expert, but it's with a heavy heart that I'm hoping you can help us. We've come to the very hard decision to re-home Mylo.

It breaks my heart but it seems the only sensible thing to do to protect the safety of the kids and to pair him with owners who can give him the attention he deserves.

A few weeks ago Sam was caught off guard when walking the dogs and got pulled over by Mylo when he lunged at a dog barking aggressively through a fence and she landed hard on her arm chipping the bone and breaking it in 3 places. We realised that serious accidents can happen very easily with a dog like Mylo, no matter how well trained the dog is and we couldn't live with ourselves if Mylo was to turn and accidentally knock one of the kids down who could bang their heads or worse.

I'm at work all day and Sam is at home trying to care for 2 young babies, keep the house clean and cope with the 2 dogs too, its all too much and unfair on both Sam and Mylo. It'll be even worse when Sam goes back to work in a few months time. With the kids crawling about now it's almost impossible to manage all of that and keep the environment safe for them.

Mylo is an amazing dog, so happy with a smile and a lick for everyone as I'm sure you remember, but we got him at the wrong time. Our circumstances changed dramatically a few months after we took him on.

Would any of you know anyone who would be able to offer him a loving home? Someone who has experience with big dogs, has the time and space (garden) and doesn't have small kids to worry about. He's used to getting long early morning walks and again in the evening. He loves the company of other dogs too. He's 1.5 years old now (we've had him since he was 8 weeks old) and about 37kg but still a daft puppy. For those who don't know him he's a GSD/Rottie cross, a 'Shepweiler'. He's well trained, does what he's told and loves to play and is very affectionate. He's also had the snip, is tagged and is in perfect health.

If you don't know of anyone directly could anyone put us in touch with people who could help us find him the perfect home?

I really appreciate any help you can give us here and its all very upsetting, I've not been eating or sleeping, but i want to do my best for him and my family and make sure he finds the special home he deserves.

Here are some pics taken this morning of my beautiful boy:

Pictures Videos
Trace
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So sorry Steve that it's had to come to this, I read your post with a tear in my eye.

If JD had been more tolerant of Mylo I would have been the first to offer to take him, however, I'm sure that the right person will come along soon and give him the right environment. It's clear to everyone how much you love him and I believe you have made the right decision and of course Sam and the twins come first.

Hope Sam's arm heals quick and I wish you well through this difficult time.

Trace
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to hear from you steve............we were only just talking about you the other week wondering how things were. i am happy to hear the girls are doing well and reading between the lines you are enjoying fatherhood Smile ...on the downside i am so sorry to hear mylo is needing a new forever home...... i hope he finds one soon. best wishes to sam and cuddles to the girls!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear this Steve.........not any easy decision for you I know.

john
kerry
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry to hear this, must be such a hard decision. You can always try contacting the SSPCA to ask if they can take him in. i havent beem on this forum for a while what issues does he have? if they are not to severe you should def contact them, i know we are full at out centre at the moment but they put you on a waiting list to bring your dog in.if you do this just make sure you ask if he is unable to be rehomed for anyreason he is to be returned to you. Just an option for you, summer is our busiest months so im sure it wouldnt be long before he got a home with us.

Kerry
steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd just bump this again.

We had another change of heart thinking we could make it work again before realising how unmanageable everything is getting as the kids get more demanding and we get more and more exhausted burning the candle at both ends.

I've taken some videos of Mylo, here he is doing commands like 'sit', 'stay', 'down', 'come', etc:

Link

and on our morning walk, running and playing with Sasha, including some commands:

Link

We do have an older couple who are interested in taking him, in-laws of a friend at work. They had a boxer until recently (i believe he died of old age), this dog was also called Milo funnily enough. However, there are no guarantees as they haven't met him yet as they're off on holiday and not back for a week or so.

I'm still trying to find him the 'ideal' home, so please keep him in mind if any of you meet anyone looking for an awesome dog.

Hi Kerry, he doesn't have any behaviour issues. I'm very hesitant about him going to a rehoming centre, because I want to make sure he goes to a suitable, good loving home. I don't want to just drop him off somewhere and drive off not knowing he's going to be happy and well cared for. If someone was to take him on and didn't know how to handle him he could end up straight back in the centre or worse. It has to be someone who knows how to handle powerful dogs with confidence and not cruelty. I just don't know.

Thanks John, Janis and Trace. Yes, I am loving fatherhood, the girls are amazing and growing at a rate of knots.
Pictures Videos
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve
Sorry to hear about Mylo, I hope the right people turn up soon.
Geraldine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: