Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Loud bangs and fireworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Loud bangs and fireworks Reply with quote

Hi all

We have been trying to get Tia ready for Firework night and loud banging noises............. so tonight we had our Saturday night balloon night... she is not phased by the noises at all, and has even managed to start and get a hold of the balloons without bursting them...

Great fun and it tires her out quite a bit so maybe just maybe we will get some peace and quiet tonight

Alice

John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to get her used to it.........

Best thing when fireworks go off is for you not to react at all........simply ignore them and carry on as normal.....perhaps turn the tv/radio up a little louder than normal.

John
carlyn p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a real problem with Molly in the run up to bonfire night she is terrified of all the loud noises, so last year we took her to Abington service station where we stayed till 9-45. It was nice and quiet with no fireworks at all and we could use the services but when we got home they were still going off here, so this year we have decided to book in and stay the night. I just wish it could be all over and done with in one night without it being weeks before and after so far Coop hasn't batted an eyelid and i hope he stays like that because one neurotic dog is enough.
Carlyn Cooper & Molly
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffy is also really bad with fireworks. The first time I ever came to class was actually because we thought her being with other dogs who are not affected by them would calm her down. It helped a little but she went back to her normal self when we left. Im especially worried this year after finding out her true age. Just hope the stress doesnt put too much strain on her heart. Weve tried so many things and none of them have worked. This year my vet has said to me to give her human Diazepan (probably the totally wrong spelling) Just a half tablet to basically (in my vets words) stone her out! Because totts is soo nervous with everything she will be the same although on a quarter. Fun times, but if it calms her down hopefully worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: