Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
paw licking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: paw licking Reply with quote

Me again! people are going to start thinking I have Munchhausen syndrome.

Huey has been really going for it licking and gnawing at the underside of his paws and in between his pads on his front two.They're looking pretty pink now because of the gnawing.

Anyone had this before? could it be an allergy? he's been on the same diet since the breeder so no change there.

I read online that tea tree oil can be used, the smell apparently puts them off biting at them. He was really frustrated this morning trying to get at them.

The hair on his pads were trimmed a while ago so it's not that i don't think. it still seems quite short.

Frankie
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you walked him anywhere new, does it happen at certain times of the day or just any time. is he fixated on them or if you call him or tell him no will he stop. sometimes paw licking can be boredom.

Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kendal

Not been anywhere new, it just started about 2 weeks ago but just a wee but, but this morning I thought he was going to hack them off.

could be an attention/boredom thing as he does only seem to do it when he's left to his own devices or when he eventually has a lie down. omg i could go back today and he'll have to stumps at the front!!

Ross is working from home the rest of the week so I'll get him to keep an eye on him through the day.

Frankie
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does he show any interest in his toys or chews, has he got anything like a kong that you can put something tasty in and perhaps freeze it so it takes him longer to work on it.

Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i put peanut butter in his kong, he loves it ,he'll sit for ages, eventually getting tongue strain. I've also got a marrow-bone that i pack stuff into that he loves, he's jumps about crazy as soon as i lift it because he knows I'm going to fill it. He also loves rawhides but i can't leave him alone with them as he tries to eat them whole at times even the GIANT ones.

He's never chewed anything in the house he's not supposed to. he does like to dig and i noticed this morning he tried to dig through to next door. that's def a Bernese thing, they all do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: