Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Sorry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine3011

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Hi sorry we haven't been to class for a while but Kadey is now a lady so thought it best not to bring her. Don't know if its anything to do with her season or not but she is turning into Hannibal lecter when on a lead, perfect dog off lead get so many compliments about her of lead but on it she is terrible.

Elaine
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elaine,

Aww at Kadey becoming a lady lol. Going into season can do all kinds of things to a dog. Totts was a wreck everytime. And then she suffered from phantoms to (sooo glad she is spayed now) so if she is normally fine when not on heat her hormones couldbe contributing to her behavior, although I would remain consistent with her training throughout her season.

Just wanted to air a sense of warning about letting her off lead in season (of course it is entirely up to you) however dogs can pick up the scent strongly and you may have an un-welcome visitor while she is offlead giving you minimal control. When Totts was in heat we had a stray come to live outside our door for a few days and the male dog owners in the area kept telling me how there dog was dragging them round to our way on walks. There's also a lot of stories of dogs jumping over fences to get to bitches in heat so its just something to be aware of.

We took her out at times when we were unlikely to bump into other dogs and she was kept on a long line-if I couldve I would have avoided taking her on any walks but I lived in the flat at the time so had no choice. Once bumped into an idiot who deliberately tried to let his dog mount her saying they would make nice pups, luckily Totts is tiny so I could pick her up.
Elaine3011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura Anne I should of said she hasn't been off lead since she has been in season, maybe that's why she is not happy on the lead think she is a bit fed up with it. Even before her season though she does not like a lead she barks when she sees a dog but if she is off lead totally ignores dogs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: