Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Dog Grooming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen Moore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Dog Grooming Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good reputable dog groomer. I have taken my 15 week old Goldendoodle Teddy to Posh Paws in Stepps today. Asked for a trim to his head just so as he could get used to being away from me and expriencing grooming as this will be required as he gets older. Was trying to break him in gently. Do not know who is now the most traumatised!!! Looks as if he has been trimmed using a blunt knife and fork. Not 2 pieces of hair the same length. Phoned to complain as when I picked him up he was so excited to see me I could not have a proper look as he jumped around. My complaint was met with " I take it we won't be seeing you again!" No they will most definitely not be seeing either of us again.
Groomer recommendations would be most appreciated.
Thanks Helen and one very embarrassed Teddy
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to kendal.she does all four of her dogs herself and does a great job of it. All the dogs love her( my 2 are smitten. Their like putty in her hands... Ignoring me but do what she asks.....) Kendal hope u don't mind me recommending u!!
Jean x
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jean as kendal's mum i think i can speak for her and say she won't bother at all at your recommendation.... helen i too took my first 2 cockapoos to posh paws and i should have stopped at the first one as she come out much the same as you described and almost like larry the lamb... if you're old enough to know who that is but it was after tht that kendal looked into doing them herself and got help from a friend who's a groomer and now lives in thailand due to her hubby's work.

from what i have heard but i have no proof but it is believed that no one is trained as a dog groomer there but they are qualified hair stylists for humans.

kendal also isn't qualified but now has a few clients who return every six weeks or so and are happy with their woofs.

drop her a pm and she'll help you if she can with a few hints and tips.
Helen Moore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Dog grooming Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your help and info.
Only problem will have to wait a couple of months before I can do anything as parts of his head are down to the skin and other parts several inches long so can't even do rescue cut. I also have 2 Pekingese , 3 until recently when wee Oli sadly died, I have kept them trimmed very short as this keeps them from over heating and relatively active and have been doing this for the last 9 years. Felt with a larger dog like Teddy I should take him to "The Proffessionals" what a joke!!!
Teddy and I are new members and will be attending our first puppy classes on Thursday for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully will meet lots of you then.

Thanks Helen and Teddy
David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really wanted to take franklin to have a pro do his nails and and give him a good shower and moisturise. I'll make sure he doesn't go to Posh Paws, thanks for the warning.

I would dare ask kendal to deal with the big guy, guess we will stick with shoving him in the shower then hand drying him before coating him with talc. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: