Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Breagha injured

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Breagha injured Reply with quote

Breagha sliced the top off one of her pads this morning when I let her off into field. Looks a clean cut. Bathed with antiseptic and I've bandaged it. Bled profusely at first but bleeding stopped now. We won't make class today. I ll see how it goes today and might take her to vets tomorro. Am I doin the right thing? Never had this happen to any of other 2 before
Jean
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh jean , not good but yeah you are doing the right thing... as long as the bleeding stops within 6 or 7 mins you shouldn't need to worry. you've checked it out and washed it out so i would leave it for a few days checking on it daily.... i feel it it's a clean cut the vet would do exactly as you have done and charged you a nice price.

we use these for our dogs for the snow and salt and also should they injure their paw and need to keep it clean.... handy to have....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large--Pawz-Durable-Weather-Boots/dp/B001J1W76O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355051783&sr=8-2

http://canineconcepts.co.uk/en/dog-boots/3196-pawz-disposable-boots-12-boots.html

worth a look ... take care and we'll see you soon
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood started to seep through bandage so took to vets at pets at home. We were on the surgery for 40 mins trying to stop the bleeding. She had a vessel exposed which just kept pulsing out blood. He finally had to put a tourniquet on which finally stopped bleeding. He then put gel on and lots of padding then bandage.she has sliced a wedge of skin right off pad which he says will take a good while to heel. Because we don't know if it was glass or metal that caused it he's given her anti biotics.shes now feelin sorry for herself .. He said it must have been really painful but she didn't even yelp. I only knew she d done it when I saw blood pouring out. Vet said I'd done a good job cleaning it out and dressing it as it was a clean wound when he saw it but because of type of wound and the exposed blood vessel it wasn't a straightforward treatment.if she keeps bandage on and blood stays stemmed then to go back to get dressing changed on tues. I ll keep u posted.
Jean
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info Janis . I've ordered a set. She's been doin ok just hope she doesn't start chewin on dressing thru the night when I'm not there to distract her.was quite impressed with vets in the store. As it was an emergency appoint and I'm not registerd with them had to pay £40 reg fee. In tot visit was £95 including reg fee. That was fora 40 min consultation anti inflam tablets for 5 days Antibiotics for 5 days and the gels and dressings. I'd have been another £50 at my usual vets and that's not even a reg fee. The other good thing is they're open 7 days a week . Think I ll keep her registered with both while I have a think a out wether I want to transfer over completely . Anyone else got any info opinions etc on companion vets ( company that Re in store)
Jean
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear Breagha got hurt. Hope she is back to her usual self soon. Even a small injury on a dogs pad can be so sore and awkward to heal.
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to share something on Photobucket with you!

See the fullsize version at: http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/Jeanboyle/?action=view¤t=2171A99D-7749-44A2-8EC6-BB6B543D8A97-13004-00000A29C807722F.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Sent from my iPhone
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/Jeanboyle/?action=view¤t=FF1499A9-FA7D-49FB-AC7C-425CBA4C523C-13004-00000A29D04C5A0A.jpg&evt=user_media_share
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear Breagha hurt herself......hope she is feeling better.

Some great photos......love Angus with his wee baby Laughing

John
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breagha "dog tired" after Sundays events

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/Jeanboyle/?action=view¤t=265195CF-3C9F-4C6F-A9DF-5B16283B8B06-13004-00000ACA83262812.jpg&evt=user_media_share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: