Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Canny collar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Canny collar Reply with quote

Hi we've not been at classes lately but thought I'det u know about our experience with " canny collar". As you know Breagha performs well at classes( reasonably so). We went to helensburgh last Sunday ( nightmare!!)
I hadn't realised she was so programmed to life in country she was totally hyper when we were in a situation with lots of people and different smells!!
As John and Janis will tell u I've tried harnesses, pinch collar, halti etc but breagha pulls thru them. Halti works but becoz she so excitable I worried she'd damage her neck. I got a canny collar and two days now took her to local shopping centre busy wif Peoria and other dogs. Usually she wants to jump on people and dogs to say hello. With canny collar she was a changed girl. Laid back and happily relaxed!! It's also supposed to help " dog aggressive" dogs do I've just got one for Angus. ( a rottie in a westies body!)
I ll keep u updated on how it goes!!
Jean
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been a fan of the cani collar as I've always found the nose strap to slip off to easily with the smalist bit of slack, but if it is working for you then fantastic, home everything is well.

How are anguses eyes, we had a westie at the kennels the other week who I think has the same eye condition as him, what medication is he on now?

Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got both breagha and angus on canny collar . Angus taken it in his stride . He wears it happily and it had made a remarkable difference to his aggression towards other dogs outside. He either ignores them or gives a token growl then carries on walking( before that he did everything he could to try to get to other dog which set breagha off barking at both. It was like she was telling them to behave and stop nonsense)
The medication he's on is called protopic. It's actually human medication for dermatitis. His eyes seem a lot better. He's not blinking all the time. It's actually an ointment but he's brill at sitting letting me put it into his eyes. His insurance runs out 8 th oct so I ll need to get another tube b4 then. How's things with u and Janis ? Xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: