Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
poor wee puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: poor wee puppy Reply with quote

i just bumped into this wee puppy, i think it was a springer spaniel but it was dark on the pitch. he is 6 month and the other day he cut his paw on glass so it was all bandaged up and had a bag on it. his owner was looking for a training class for him, and thought it was lucky of him to bump into me and the girls. so you may see this wee chap at the next class (oh and i did inform him that we are not on next week Laughing )

StuartW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good that they might come to the class, but it really angers me that a dog was cut by some ignorant ned. Evil or Very Mad
Lindy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh Stuart I know they have no respect for other people using the paths and parks, i reguarly walk from my house in Condorrat along the banks of the Luggie to Luggie Bank, SWT have just finished re pathing this route and have spent about 4 weeks doing the work finished on Friday night and by Monday morning idiots on dirt bikes and quads have torn up the path and ruined all the work these peole have put in not to mention wasted all the money that was probably a public grant of some sort. Not only do they ruin the path but if I hear or see them when I'm out I worry that they will not be looking for me or the dogs and will cause an accident, there are signs telling them no motorised bikes but they don't care, in the summer I had to call the fire brigade as they were setting grass fires Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Elaine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor wee fella, Kain had a really bad cut paw recently my OH was at the park with them the night before it happened and these guys were out their faces at the picnic benches, stupid idiots threw their bottles in the pond and smashed them Kain cut him paw on them, buckie should be put in plastic bottles, another dog ended up worse off than Kain that same day severed an artery and was in the vet the same time as my boy.
Lorna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could ask Buckfast Abbey to consider some alternative non-dangerous, recyclable containers. It could save so many cut paws. The address and phone number of the company producing Buckfast are:

Jim Wilson is the Scottish Representative to whom I was referred. His office number is - 01698 860860
Unfortunately he seems to be out of his office quite a lot. Maybe if a few people contacted him he may respond.

J. Chandler & Co (Buckfast) Ltd,
New Abbey House,
Fyfield Road,
Weyhill,
Andover SP11 8DN

Telephone: 01264 774 700

What do you guys think?
Fax : 01264 744 747
StuartW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy anna Jones wrote:
Yeh Stuart I know they have no respect for other people using the paths and parks, i reguarly walk from my house in Condorrat along the banks of the Luggie to Luggie Bank, SWT have just finished re pathing this route and have spent about 4 weeks doing the work finished on Friday night and by Monday morning idiots on dirt bikes and quads have torn up the path and ruined all the work these peole have put in not to mention wasted all the money that was probably a public grant of some sort. Not only do they ruin the path but if I hear or see them when I'm out I worry that they will not be looking for me or the dogs and will cause an accident, there are signs telling them no motorised bikes but they don't care, in the summer I had to call the fire brigade as they were setting grass fires Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Izzy had an encounter with some ned on a quad bike at the glen.. fool ran himself off the path, shame he wasn't hurt Evil or Very Mad

I've seen a couple of bikes there too.. not directly causing a risk to me or Doogle, but lets just say the instant I do feel there is a risk - I'm going to branch out and touch someone Twisted Evil
Janis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorna i think this is a great idea! do you think one letter possibly composed by yourself and a list of signatures from people on the forum and the club on a Tuesday! those who work could also take a copy into their work place and get friends and family to sign it!

i do think it is worth a try and all they could say was no!
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorna wrote:
Maybe we could ask Buckfast Abbey to consider some alternative non-dangerous, recyclable containers. It could save so many cut paws. The address and phone number of the company producing Buckfast are:

Jim Wilson is the Scottish Representative to whom I was referred. His office number is - 01698 860860
Unfortunately he seems to be out of his office quite a lot. Maybe if a few people contacted him he may respond.

You know these details, hmmmm are you one of these neds Lorna, I can picture you know with your trackies and burberry hat!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

On a serious note i think its a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x
Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already emailed and telephoned and requested a response. None forthcoming so far.
I will draft a letter and bring it with me next dog training night to collect signatures. I will come down early so I catch earlier classes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: