Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
old fears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: old fears Reply with quote

I´m so frustrated about Sony being so nervous at the last walk. She was always so good with all the other dogs and now it seems her old fears would come back from nowhere!
Not quite sure, but I think it could have something to do with the darkness, maybe she is frightened or more nervous if it gets darker?

I don´t know. Just wanted to have a whinge about her behaviour. I´m so sad, that she will be never as confident and free as I wish her to be Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

We´ll try to walk her from now on every night, when it´s dark, so that she gets used to it. Hopefully that is gonna work and she´ll start to be a bit more bully again.
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my two were the same up until recently, but they are still nervy when we meet strangers.
it could just be a phase. it could be that she is used to all the dogs and the dark but not both at the same time. I'm sure she will be fine. Smile

Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kendal, yes I know, I should be more patient with her. I just want her to be happy sooooo badly!
Marco and Sony will join you all on the Saturday walk, maybe it´s good for her to see all her pals at daytime again, and makes her realise that they are not scary at all evil3 Laughing
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be too hard on her Phoebe she was getting a bit of a hard time. I think the dogs sense when another is feeling more vulnerable and it brings out the bully in them
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it being dark down there last night may have had a bearing on it too. Perhaps out walking during the day with everyone will help her regain a bit of confidence.
I, in the meantime, will have a stiff word in Murphy's ear because when he was having a growl he was scaring her Evil or Very Mad
Whilst Sony has gone in one direction Murphy has gone in another! Confused Murphy was a quiet man on the walks now he's a grumpy old git who gives all the other dogs into trouble like a big spoilsport. Time I put my foot down.

Sony will get her confidence back Phoebe, she's still young and is still growing up. Wink
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Marcella, she is still a little baby! Very Happy It just frustrates me sometimes, coz I can´t help her, if she runs away...

Murphy is a cheeky devil at the moment Twisted Evil!
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoebe wrote:

Murphy is a cheeky devil at the moment Twisted Evil!

Confused he is indeed. I'm going to sort him out................. needless to say he's lying here looking like an angel at the minute! Shocked
shirley c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoebe, my mum had a ridgeback, Kaylah, the one before Daka..... she was scared of the dark Shocked yip a big huge Ridgeback Very Happy she really only got daytime walks so never, ever got used to being out in the dark. I think in Sonys she will get back to her usual self soon again. If im out I will batter Pixel if she annoys poor Sony again Very Happy Maybe the dpgs are picking up on her being a bit worried and then they are pouncing on her, then its like a circle, the more they pounce the scarier she is getting so they are pouncing more Smile dont know if that makes sense Rolling Eyes
linsey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well last night at the class John said Leon was to come up to the 8:30 class from next week...

thumbup

Might not seem an especially big deal to most, but for wee Leon that is mega!

Six months ago he was a wee furry lump of aggression in the house and a big jessie outside of it!

We've still got a long way to go, esp around "big puppies" and the like, but the wee lad seems to have come on leaps and bounds and I think the walks have really helped...

I am delighted as there was a time where I felt like he would never get there!

Phoebe... I was thinking about what you were saying about Sonny being scared etc - well Leon is just the same. Perhaps they will never be as free and happy as we'd like, but i reckon if you stick with it and give it time, they will get a lot better... Yesterday on the walk Leon was running ahead and following Deisel and Murphy and on Monday night he was chasing wee Tara in the field - that was unheard of a few months ago!

Lx
Eleanor
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Linsey and Leon Smile

Eleanor
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am delighted as there was a time where I felt like he would never get there!

That´s exactly what I meant. Smile Sometimes you´re just down ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: