Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
A Good Groomer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Generally' speaking, most people want the dogs clipped out short for ease so groomers will do this is what I really meant, in 'general' terms you see most long haired types clipped in, I know I do around here, and I know they dont all go to the same groomers.

My sister has a lhasa and did persevere with the long coat, but now she has a wee girl and another baby on the way so Crysstal is now clipped short, not as short as you do see them. In an ideal world I think if you have long haired breeds you should keep them long, but we dont live in the ideal world, we have jobs kids other things happening....yes Crystal gets all the love and attention but Pam just cant commit to the grooming involved

I would love an afghan but know I could never commit to the grooming Rolling Eyes but you never see them clipped out...think they would look pretty silly Very Happy
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do, i don't like them clipped short. we had two at the kennels.

Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I am hoping to book him in in the next couple of weeks, although Paul doesn't want Rufus to be groomed, he likes him as he is, a wee, scruffy, fluffy teddy bear!

Yep, Nicola, the breeder shows, and his dogs look stunning, he does it himself, but Rufus came from Cheshire, so I can't have him done by the breeder. He did give me the charts and things, and tried to show me how to do it. I think I could keep it up once he is done, but there is no way I could do the first strip!

I met Mandie and Jodie, and they too are clipped and look great, so I won't be too disappointed if the stripping doesn't work out.

Thanks!
Susan
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan,

I really hope you find someone who will handstrip wee Rufus. If you find someone, ask them if they'll show you how to do it, it really is worth the effort and i'm sure you could probably pick it up yourself. Smile

I used to have Molly clipped, and I must admit, i've learned the hard way, it looked horrific, and i'm not joking. Shocked I never had the furnishings removed though, but overall the clipped coat just wasn't nice for a Westie.

I then let it grow in and i'm now able to handstrip Molly quite a bit. I use scissors also, both straights and thinners, and clippers for her pads and bahooki. Very Happy It's worth effort, I think. Smile

I'm surprised I am able to handstrip Molly though, as she is spayed, but the hair comes away easily using the stripping blade and my fingers along with chalk.

Schnauzers have much finer coats than Westies, but they still look their best when they are handstripped. They still do look nice clipped though.

Keep me posted! Any questions on grooming, just ask. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: