Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Pamper Day for Roxy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Pamper Day for Roxy Reply with quote

I'm taking Roxy to the groomers today for a pamper. She'll have a shampoo and a blow dry, and have her nails filed - I trimmed them last week - what a drama queen she is. Rolling Eyes

I get out the nail clippers.....Roxy does a runner. Rolling Eyes When I manage to get her, I hold her leg while she tries to fight me.....She mouths me, kangaroo kicks me with her back legs, she doesn't actually make any noise about though, strangely enough. This goes on for about ten minutes until she eventually gives up the fight, lays down and has a big sigh......Then I can get her nails trimmed. What a carry on, you'd think I was attempting to murder her. Rolling Eyes

She wasn't bad the last time but I haven't trimmed them in a while. Oh well, I guess this will just have to be the case every time I trim her nails.

There's no point in me trying to give her treats and praise to let me get her nails trimmed. I have to just let her fight it out, then trim her nails and then give her treats and praise.
linsey
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how you feel Nicola! sometimes when I'm grooming / clipping / trimming / detangling Leon's legs / bum / belly we have these pseudo-wrestling matches! I've seen me getting him in "figure-of-eight" locks at times!

Sometimes I even need to enlist the help of Steven! (Tag-Team!)

Leon might be small, but man, he can squirm and kick! Sometimes I end up with bruises if I'm trying to do something he really doesn't like! And yet he will sit and let me shave away the hair from his eyes without any bother.

They are wee oddballs!

Very Happy
shirley c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby is the only one I have a pantomime with on the nail trimming and I have no idea why, cause if I am ever visiting his old owner, he trims them no bother Rolling Eyes
His old owner is a greyhound trainer and im not saying they are rough or bad but I suppose with a kennel of about 15 dogs, they have to stand to get their nails done Smile im probably to soft with Scooby Very Happy

When is the Scrufts final Nicola, are you getting her ready or is she just getting pampered for a treat Smile
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pantomime.....Love the comparison, Shirley! Laughing

The Scruffts final is on Sunday. We leave for London tomorrow afternoon on the train and will be back home on Monday night. A few friends and I are going to make a weekend of it, and probably try and get tickets for a show, possibly 'Wicked', a spin off of the witches in the Wizard of Oz, i've heard it's brilliant. Last time I was in London we seen 'Chicago' which was fantastic. Very Happy

Roxy has had her pamper and she now looks lovely for her big day on Sunday. Smile I'm now attempting to fit everything in my wee case! Shocked
shirley c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was later in Dec for Scrufts, I dont know what day it is at the moment never mind month Very Happy good luck again and hope you bring back a big prize Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: