Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
I'm dithering about Rufus's strip/clip!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you do get your unscrupulous breeders who will still breed from the dog/bitch without registering the puppies.
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
Of course, you do get your unscrupulous breeders who will still breed from the dog/bitch without registering the puppies.

Surely people buying a pedigree animal will expect it to be KC reg and will collect the papers at the time of purchase along with the pup?
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, most folk do. Puppies can still be KC registered but not be of show quality. Some papers will state that the pet is for pet only homes meaning the dog cannot be shown or is not of show quality. These breeders are not the best, I know Molly's breeder wasn't the best and i've learned from that, but thankfully she has no health or behavioural problems but is not of proper show quality, for a start, she is too big for the breed standard.

Good breeders will provide a form to the buyer where they buyer (owner) fills in their part of the form and sends it to the KC to register their ownership of the puppy, meaning it no longer belongs to the breeder but to the buyer (owner). I assume you got this with your two dogs?

All I was wanting to know if Rufus is from parentage who are of show quality and if his papers allow him to be shown using the breeders affix.
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:

Good breeders will provide a form to the buyer where they buyer (owner) fills in their part of the form and sends it to the KC to register their ownership of the puppy, meaning it no longer belongs to the breeder but to the buyer (owner). I assume you got this with your two dogs?.

Of course.
Deborah Hamilton
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Nicola wrote:

Surely people buying a pedigree animal will expect it to be KC reg and will collect the papers at the time of purchase along with the pup?

MMMM thats what we thought when we got Mishka from a very reputable breeder. But it took us nearly a year to get hers and only after threatening legal routes.
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah Hamilton wrote:
Enid wrote:
Nicola wrote:

MMMM thats what we thought when we got Mishka from a very reputable breeder. But it took us nearly a year to get hers and only after threatening legal routes.

That's terrible, Deborah. I didn't realise it could be like that.

I guess we must have been lucky - Jodie's and Mandy's breeders were lovely folk.
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Deborah Hamilton wrote:
Enid wrote:
Nicola wrote:

That's terrible, Deborah. I didn't realise it could be like that.

I guess we must have been lucky - Jodie's and Mandy's breeders were lovely folk.

She was lovely just very disorganised Rolling Eyes
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - stop speed reading ..................!!!!!!!! Wink
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Debbie - stop speed reading ..................!!!!!!!! Wink

Sorry..................... You are so spooky. I was just thinking of your poor fingers Laughing Laughing ( Have I read something wrong again Rolling Eyes )
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing no .............. just me giving it my usual 'Oh no Debbie's on!!!!!!' Laughing Laughing Laughing
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though our two are cross' there parents were pedigree and we got there history and a form to get them KC registered if the breed ever becomes accepted.
i think it is Inca's mum who is related to the same strain of cockers that one of my mum's cocker's is from. its very interesting. we were very lucky to find a very good breeder.

Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the comments!

Like Suzanne, Enid and Shirley have said, they know from experience that he needs to lose some hair one way or the other, or it will just all matt and be horrible for him! So I will try the hand stripping first. Before Christmas def!

With the whole showing thing, I think that it may not be how I imagined it, as I thought really that (like Shirley mentioned) it would be like horse showing, where anyone can have a go really, and it can be as competitive (or not) as you make it.

His parents are both show dogs, but I am not under any illusions that he is top show standard, as if he was, then I imagine the breeder would have kept him for himself! I did not buy him with any intention of showing him, just as a pet. But a judge saw the whole litter, and really liked him, so we can only give it a go! But like I said, this was just a fleeting idea that I had, lol!

His papers don't have any restrictions on them.

Thanks all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: