Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Puppy being left alone... is it ok?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Phoebe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing If there's a fire someone will smash a window and get her! LOCK YOUR DOOR you mad woman!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marcella, Pheobe has to be worse than me, admit it - I know you never thought you would see the day, but it has happened.
Ashley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, No, you lot haven't made me worry more, but you have made me laugh! And for crying out loud Phoebe, LOCK YOUR DOOR!! Laughing Laughing

I spend waaaayyy too much time on here already.... think i have been online all day! That is very worrying! Shocked
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley wrote:
Haha, No, you lot haven't made me worry more, but you have made me laugh! And for crying out loud Phoebe, LOCK YOUR DOOR!! Laughing Laughing

I spend waaaayyy too much time on here already.... think i have been online all day! That is very worrying! Shocked

Now Ashley, that is what you have to worry about! Not unlocked doors or crates!! Wink Laughing Just kidding.
Lindy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear this is a weird thread, we dog owners are all crack pots with our fears for our dogs and we do all have them in some form or another. I had a horrible dream last night about some one breaking into the car and stealing the dogs, they left Dora wandering about and I found her but they took Lizzy and I was frantic it was a horrible dream and I would say my worst fear for the dogs. Crying or Very sad
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not nice when you get dreams like that. not had any recently but did have like three in one week where i was loosing the girls or something was taking them from me. (but i think i might have been watching something on tv that had put it in my mind before i went to bed)

Ashely i thing you will be an addict in no time you have already made 20 post didn't you just join like two days ago. Shocked Laughing

Ashley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I noticed how many posts I already had last night!!! Oh dear, and I'm back on again today!
I'm not working this week you see.... so I am at a bit of a loose end. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it haha.

Well ever since I went to see Holly, I've been having such strange dreams too! I keep dreaming that I've left the door open and she gets out, or that she bites into electrical wires at the tv (which I have since rearranged so she can't reach them)... I also had a dream that she didn't like us, and kept cowering away in the corner... Sad

ShockedI'm shattered haha
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm sure all the worries will disappear once she's with you.
Janice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella said,

' I'm sure all the worries will disappear once she's with you. '

I'd like to ask how many years you have to wait before you can stop worrying because so far I can't remember ever reaching that stage with a dog Rolling Eyes Not that I'm a natural worrier or anything Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley The one consolation is that dogs are amazing creatures who usually grow up very well whatever their owners do.
I keep meeting a man who seems to everything 'wrong' and his dogs are great. They sleep in his bed, eat exactly the same food as he does (he just makes larger amounts and shares) and he doesn't see any point in training. He even calls them his 'kiddies'. Yet they're fit, happy, sociable, well behaved collies. Laughing
Ashley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I definitely feel better about it all after being on here!

My parents have a Jack Russell who is 14, and so I have grown up with her, but I was only 8 when we got her (I am 21... did I mention that?) so I don't remember any of the puppy-related things my parents went through. We actually did no planning for Penny (JR) as we had actually heard that these dogs were going to be drowned Shocked Evil or Very Mad
There were three of them and we took all three. We have Penny, my aunt has her brother Max, and my Uncles parents have the other brother Bruno. It's such a sad story, but it did mean that we were unprepared and kind of thrown in at the deep end, as Penny hadnt been treated very well either!

So getting my own dog is a bit strange, and I just want to do everything best for her... just like we have done for Penny. (And you guys are certainly helping with that)

Very Happy
xx
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you catch them chewing something they shouldn't - a loud 'bad dog' or skoosh with the plant sprayer from behind tends to work. And encourage them to chew their toys instead.

I caught Otto about to grab my ornament I'd brought back from Africa, quick skoosh and he's not been near it. Same with the bin.

That's why the crate is good, stops them being bad when you're not there to correct it.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne H wrote:
If you catch them chewing something they shouldn't - a loud 'bad dog' or skoosh with the plant sprayer from behind tends to work. And encourage them to chew their toys instead.

I caught Otto about to grab my ornament I'd brought back from Africa, quick skoosh and he's not been near it. Same with the bin.

That's why the crate is good, stops them being bad when you're not there to correct it.

I think you're spot on, Suzanne. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: