Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Koda's sore eye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Koda's sore eye Reply with quote

hello, i was wondering if you could help us, all last night Koda was up crying, we couldnt figure out why untill we seen his under his eye was swollen, paul put some ice on it and got a lot better. it either looks like a bump when playing or maybe one of the cats caught him. it has gone down, but still bothers him, rubbing it on the floor. just wondering if it happens again, is there anythin we can give a dog for pain relief.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I would get his eye checked at the vet - it could be any number of things - speak to the vet.

Secondly, with regards to pain relief, I wouldn't give him anything until you've seen the vet with him. Although, in saying that, childrens medicines are usually ok for dogs.
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, best let the vet have a look if it's his eye. Better safe than sorry. But as Nicola said childrens medicines are usually OK for pain relief or half an aspirin.

Let us know how you get on. Sad
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not really his eye, looked like his cheek more than anything which made it look like his eye was swollen, seems to be fine now,was going to see how he was tomo before taking him to the vet. i think he has just had a bang when playing, you all know how he still hasnt mastered the breaking yet Smile
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and also ment to say, it was really to see about pain relief when its 3 in the morning and you cant go to a vet Smile but fingers crosed he is ok.
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if it's gone down and he seems fine I'd just keep an eye on him then. I'm sure he's probably been over enthusiastic when playing and bumped his cheek! After all, he does like rough play!!!!!!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3am or not, mine get a paracetomol or an aspirin!
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, paracetamol and asprin are also good too. You get childrens asprni and Disprin which is suitable, although adult asprin in small quantities would do.

Do you get a childrens version of paracetamol, Marcella?

Unless the lump has disappeared, I would still see the vet.
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the lump has gone, and he is letting me touch it now, i was wondering could it have been his teeth? didnt think to look in his mouth. next time shopping i will get some childs aspirin.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry wrote:
yeah the lump has gone, and he is letting me touch it now, i was wondering could it have been his teeth? didnt think to look in his mouth. next time shopping i will get some childs aspirin.

Hmm. How old is he? Around 8 months or so? If he is, then they're usually fnished teething by then. Perhaps it was just a bang and that's it gone down, but keep checking him regularly and keep an eye on his behaviour.
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola just regular paracetomol for my boys ............ then again they are 5 stone in weight so 1 tablet is fine!
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is 6 and a half months now, so prob near the end of all the teething stuff, but it was just a thought, thanks anyway, will let you know how he is, hopefully fine Smile
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its ever really serious pain at 3am, then lawries do out of hours and several other vets are covered by a company called Vets Now, in Glasgow. Obviously im talking about something terrible that wont be helped by an aspirin.
Remember never give a cat aspirin, can kill it, at small doses!
kerry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thought id let you know, it seems to have cleared up what ever it was, he slept the whole night yay!! so did i, infact to long, missed my class, oops.
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzanne l wrote:
if its ever really serious pain at 3am, then lawries do out of hours and several other vets are covered by a company called Vets Now, in Glasgow. Obviously im talking about something terrible that wont be helped by an aspirin.
Remember never give a cat aspirin, can kill it, at small doses!

Didn't know that about the Cats Suzanne.

Though would never have dreamed of self medicating my pets before I joined the forum, now I am trying some aloe vera gel on bobs skin when It breaks out and popping him the occasional piriton when he seems to be flaring up and this seems to be stopping, not the outbreak of scabs but them becoming inflamed and infected.

Good to have someone like yourself who can give us professional advice on the forum Cool (even though we sometimes do go ahead with our own hocus pocus anyway) Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: