Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
crate training again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
i like to think that my dogs are well balanced as the put up with a lot from my 4 year old brother who like all children feels the need to poke, prod, pull, squeeze and tug any available part of the dog. so i see Little harm in a corrective tap.
just out of curiosity what do you think of cease Milan when he uses a foot tap, i know it is different and on a different part of the body.

Kendal,

I wouldn't allow any child to do that to a dog, it's cruel. If the child has previously been warned not to torment the dog and the reasons why, they I wouldn't have them around the dog until they can be trusted.

I didn't know Cesar Millan did that - I have never seen him do it - and quite frankly, i'm disgusted.

I probably won't make myself popular by stating how I feel but I don't care.
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis wrote:
we are never going to agree but i have had dogs for over 40 years and i know my ways work! so i will leave it there!

Janis,

Just because someone has had dogs for years doesn't mean they always know best. It also doesn't mean that their training methods are best as things change over time.

Dog training nowadays can be more kinder to dogs and also more successful.
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
kendal wrote:
i like to think that my dogs are well balanced as the put up with a lot from my 4 year old brother who like all children feels the need to poke, prod, pull, squeeze and tug any available part of the dog. so i see Little harm in a corrective tap.
just out of curiosity what do you think of cease Milan when he uses a foot tap, i know it is different and on a different part of the body.

Kendal,

I wouldn't allow any child to do that to a dog, it's cruel. If the child has previously been warned not to torment the dog and the reasons why, they I wouldn't have them around the dog until they can be trusted.

I didn't know Cesar Millan did that - I have never seen him do it - and quite frankly, the thought of it s me.

do me a favour nicola and don't have kids and dogs together you will not be able to handle it! Laughing
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis wrote:
Nicola wrote:
kendal wrote:

Kendal,

I didn't know Cesar Millan did that - I have never seen him do it - and quite frankly, the thought of it s me.

do me a favour nicola and don't have kids and dogs together you will not be able to handle it! Laughing

Believe me, Janis. I probably would.
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you think!

i know different and know that my ways work for me and that is all that matters!

i will not continue to respond to you!

you know nothing of me, Kendal or our dogs so therefore you are in no position to pass judgment! as i am in no position to pass judgment on you! however i do know when to agree to disagree and respect others opinions!

you will no doubt reply to this just to get the last word! fine by me!
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Kendal 'taps your dogs on the nose'. I can make judgement with that.
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK going off topic now, lets stick to dog stuff before we all get into trouble.

i understand that i am the one who started this so i would now like to stop it before anyone gets offended

training methods do change there are thousand of different methods to suit every individual and there dog, it is like with everything ells we take what we want and need from it. so we all have different opinions on the topic of how to raise and train a dog, and no age and experience dose not always equal the right way to do this, but it can still hold some in-site.
with children it is not a torture, it is just that he wants to hold and hug the girls to tell them how much he loves them, but as a child can not understand the dog don't like it.

i don't mind discussing our difference in opinions of training but please no personal slagging.

i apologize for anything i have said that anyone doesn't like but it is the way i have been working with my dogs and it is working for us.

like it was said let us agree to disagree..

Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be really surprised if I learned that John allows 'taps on the noses' in the training classes.
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
I'd be really surprised if I learned that John allows 'taps on the noses' in the training classes.

i am sorry but i did not mention John in any of my posts. i have no need to tap in class. it is only on the odd occasion like last night that i feel to need to use it.

Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
Nicola wrote:

i am sorry but i did not mention John in any of my posts. i have no need to tap in class. it is only on the odd occasion like last night that i feel to need to use it.

I know you didn't, Kendal, but if you felt the need to do it in class, would it be allowed? This is what i'm asking, sorry for any confusion.
brenda
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola: kendal would never hurt any animal.
Brenda
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect that she would, Brenda. However, 'tapping' on the nose is unneccessary discomfort, imo, and there are the possible reactions that could come with it.
Janice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, would it save time and arguments to look back at the thread' Is hitting your dog ever acceptable?' You can find it through the search box.

I'm sure none of us would deliberately do anything to hurt our dogs. We all care about them far too much, of course that's also why we have such strong feelings about these issues.
Mind you when Dale decided to ignore me on Sunday afternoon and we wanted to get back so we could get out again on time ...... shooting him was one solution that felt temping, only I didn't have the camera Rolling Eyes

I hope the girls are settling into their new home. Do you use the divider or do they cuddle up together?
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look back at it already, Janice. Thanks.

Liked your joke! Laughing Wink
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
I hope the girls are settling into their new home. Do you use the divider or do they cuddle up together?

yes they are Janice, we don't use the divider but i will come in Handy when we eventually get a new puppy. thanks again. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: