Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Thanks to everyone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Cumbernauld Dog Training School Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuartW
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Differences I noticed:

Less crowded (outside and in class)

Class started on time

John didn't have to wear a microphone

More time to get more done

No scowling redcoats thin

Very Happy
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John classes were great yesterday I felt the atmosphere was calm and relaxed, we got loads done in class and we were not walking up each others backsides like we used to be. Everyone outside was just really happy to see each other (Human and Dog alike).

I felt clam handling all the dogs and i had a bit of a hard time as I was training another dog this time round who is not my dog and Dora who has her nose constantly to the ground Laughing I didn't lose my rag with any of them and just felt that if it doesn't happen then fine. At the last classes I would have been frustrated by that.

I loved the branding you guys used throughout, it make the club much more separate from the Club and recognisable with the nice logo, well done guys the whole thing was very professional and enjoyable.
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, there were several differences which I think may have contributed to the positive atmosphere.
Fewer people meant easier parking upon arrival which meant people arrived in the hall in a more relaxed manner.
There were fewer dogs outside and they were not snarling or challenging.
Emily was smiling and that made people smile as soon as they saw her.
People were excited but it was quieter outside.
You and Allan were smiling but firm in your dealings with owners and dogs.
There were not scowling people hanging around the hall during training.
Comments and advice was all expressed in a positive way.
I did not feel like a fool at any time.
Owners were smiling throughout the training session.
We were not trying to walk at strange pace as a dog was up our dog's bum or sitting on his nose. The space meant dogs were less stressed and so owners were less stressed too.
Not having to use the microphone means your voice sounds softer and more friendly.
Boredom was not a factor. People were not waiting for so long to do there recalls that they, or their dog, went to sleep.
There was a purposeful leaving of the hall as many people were heading off to walk Broadwood Loch.

Hope this helps.
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed yesterdays class John, it was different think it was due to smaller classes which meant you could help us out more and Mylo was calmer than he usually is when going to the Tuesday classes.... Also didn't feel that all the other trainers where staring at you and what you where doing. The Sunday classes are deff better and felt much more friendly when going into the hall. All round everything was better and I now feel that I will have a better chance to getting Mylo training correctly. Claire & Mylo Very Happy
geri carroll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoyed the training class and so did the dogs
thanks john and marcella
the smaller numbers really made a difference, being grouped into a class with dogs at a similar level, funnily enough, having less trainers standing around observing helped
most of all was the experience of the trainer and seeing everyones friendly faces and fantastic dogs
kendal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved buddy in class i have never seen him in class before and he was fantastic. i also got to spend some time wit him when you were working with Orla, he is a wee sweety Very Happy

love the new class was much more relaxing.

Leon's face was a picture when Basil crossed his path Shocked Laughing

Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
i loved buddy in class i have never seen him in class before and he was fantastic. Shocked Laughing

he was fab Gerri when he had to do down stay he looked like he was playing dead Laughing clever wee boy that he is
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Anything can be fixed by a prong collar Reply with quote

RAlf tried a prong on tonite and he went from demon dog who pulled like a train to me having to look down to see if he was there it was amazing!!!!!!!!!! Surprised i recommend a prong for family members and spoiled children!!!! it can only do them good.
Can anyone tell me how to buy one now?
linsey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartW wrote:

No scowling redcoats

Very Happy

TOTALLY!
Isabel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely felt more relaxed, it was good to be back. Much better with smaller numbers too. Well done Very Happy
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaller class sizes was great

I know bob took up a lot of the trainers time and he is not at the level of everyone else in the class (but I will have him whipped into shape in no time). Because the class was small - I didnt feel too guilty at the amount of time John was spending on Bob.

I felt really calm, knew all the dogs and handlers and felt the atmosphere was sooooo laid back and friendly. My relaxed view of the class was felt by Dodge who was really chilled out.

I couldnt say what made it better, more space for the dogs and john seemed really to be enjoying it too, no tension at all. I just really enjoyed it and am looking forward to next week, where as in the past I really used to dread going.

Felt 'part' of something too. in at the beginning of something new and worthwhile.

Loved the logo wear, seen from other posts that folks are ordering. I thought they were just the uniform for the training team.
geri carroll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tears of pride and joy in my eyes reading those posts about buddy, thanks kendal and lindy. i will give him an extra big hug at bedtime tonight
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the class was great, far superior than normal. I think even the fact that it was a Sunday made people feel more relaxed. The hall outside was not its usual frantic lining up, dogs getting tangled owners getting stressed. Even the layout. There was not lots of other trainers watching you and correcting you. Making you feel like a school child or worse a incompetent owner. I felt the class was more personalised.

I feel the walks are a great idea, it contributes to the good atmosphere in class because you and your dog know other dog and owners.

Well done john someone who is so kind with there time and support deserves to be a success.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geri carroll wrote:
i have tears of pride and joy in my eyes reading those posts about buddy, thanks kendal and lindy. i will give him an extra big hug at bedtime tonight

Very Happy he did do well ................... John said he was fab! Very Happy
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geri carroll wrote:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Cumbernauld Dog Training School Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: