Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
In Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma*
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynn 01 wrote:
Emma

Bubbles was in season when I got her. She was enlarged down there and there was spotting for about 10 days, nothing drastic but enough to mark bedding et.

She paid a lot of attention to herself as well.

I wasn`t allowed to take her near other dogs in case of accidents for about a week after the blood stopped

I had to wait a further 3 months before I could get her dressed

Ooops just read your post Lynn sorry. So i need to keep her away from boys a week after she stops bleeding then.
shirley c

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont get them dressed you kind of know when they are safe again, Pixel is usually ok after a few days after she stops bleeding but I tend to keep her away for the week as poor Koda, diesel and whoever, still wants to be her friend and she gets dead nippy with them Laughing
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma bleeding differs some are bitches have heavier bleeding etc bit like us Sad Tala tends to bleed slightly more now she is older than before. Judging by Bear's behaviour I find that the first week he's not that bothered just curious. The second week is MURDER Embarassed Crying or Very sad The third week he starts to loose bit more interest in her as the week progresses. Not very scientific I know but just my experience with Newfie hormones Sad and Tala herself, also advice from other bitch owner's along the way.
Hope this helps.
Emma*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jenny will keep a close eye on her.
She snapped at Lady this morning over food So i put her in her crate to calm down a bit. She is fine now, both playing together but definitely will be keeping an eye on her mood swings!! Twisted Evil

A Great Dane with PMS!! Shocked diabloanifire
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot water, bottle weepy film, tissues, loads of ice cream and doggy chocs Very Happy maybe these will stop the Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil oh and everyone walking on eggshells and trying to stay out of the way to avoid her wrath Laughing Laughing
Emma*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JennyMc wrote:
Hot water, bottle weepy film, tissues, loads of ice cream and doggy chocs Very Happy maybe these will stop the Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil oh and everyone walking on eggshells and trying to stay out of the way to avoid her wrath Laughing Laughing

He he sounds like John around me Laughing Laughing
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny, its funny how different they are, I usually find its nearly into the 3rd wk everyone wants Pixel Rolling Eyes and then coming out of the 3rd wk, she doesnt want to know, think if we were breeding her we would only have a window of a few days , later then normal, though its maybe normal for these type of dogs cause Moya was only receptive later than the stated days too, we had problems getting the timing right to breed her
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley- Tala would love to be receptive as you put it just now if Bear wasn't so heavy Crying or Very sad she's bit of a tease then if he tries she can't support them and goes nuts. This is why we now do upstairs/downstairs living before they get inventive as she's too old and as cute as puppies are I'd be in serious trouble if we had little lookalike wolf crossed with bear Shocked what a mix. When she had litter it was accident daddy dog(GSX) "shoots and scored" in one go Embarassed so not sure exactly where she was in her season just know its not to be repeated. Had alot of bother with a mare once though trying to gage her best time but I'm getting sidetracked now
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JennyMc wrote:
as cute as puppies are I'd be in serious trouble if we had little lookalike wolf crossed with bear Shocked what a mix.

Shocked Laughing a 15 stone wolf!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Laughing Good God can you imagine how scary that would be! Probably totally adorable, but SCARY! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they would be cute but not allowed to find out and she's way too old to try. Maybe could get doctored pics just to see Cool without the puppy Laughing Laughing Pal got one done in vegas for honeymoon, morphed her pic with hubby pic to show what baby would be like it was priceless!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Emma*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to post this..I was ironing in the living room this morning and i could hear a dog barking. I looked out of he window to find a male dog weeing all over the front garden then running up to the front door barking( obviously after Skye) the funny thing was he was a Lhaso apso Shocked Laughing

I opened the window to check it was the dog that lives about 6 doors up and told him he had no chance with Skye as she a was Great dane Laughing

Mmmm Great Apso's or maybe Lhaso Danes Shocked
marcella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have seen him try!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Janis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh they sound fun!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoda is on heat at the moment. This is her 5th day. She seems fine. She is sleeping a lot more and taking to her cage. When i take her to her grans & grandas she is back to normal jumping about. This may be a stupid question is it ok to bath them at this time? If she gets a UTI (Urinary Track Infection) How do i know, what are the signs?

Yoda does not seem to be in moods or grumpy. She does not seem over protective.However, she is slightly more clingy with Stephen.
Lorna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, that would be soooo funny. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: