Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
incorporating the new turns we learned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Video Clips of Our Pets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firsty shona gypsy will be 2 in june of this year and capable of agility!

she is part poodle and is more than capable of this jump! both kendal and i know this and if you were to see her run freely down the glen or the croy walk others would tell you she jumps through the air without anything below her and it come so naturally to her!

having had dogs all my life i am aware of different problems and would be more concerned if kendal was trying this with a larger breed of dog! gypsy's sister is much heavier built and there is no way she could ever do this and kendal would never urge her to!

so the bottom line is we know what we are doing as we know our dogs and you are only looking on on video footage and it can look different thatn in the flesh!
Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are not demoralised and will continue to post your videos. Lots of us really enjoy your photographs and videos. As an oldie I envy your energy and commitment to your dogs.
Janis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorna i can honestly say that is something she does have and that is enthusiasm and dedication when it comes to her pups!

at the age of 5 i paid £65 for a doll that it's face moved when sucking on a bottle or dummy! it came in a see through box! my mother bought her a toy monkey at around a fiver!

on christmas morning she opened all her goodies and proceeded to take the doll out of it's box ! i was ecstatic! .......................... short lived as she then took the monkey and placed it in the box! when i asked what she was doing i was told that monkey wasn't well and had to go into a "inabator"......she meant a incubator! animals have always featured higher than dolls! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Isabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video kendal, she's so fast at it! Laughing Doogle won't even put one paw inside a tunnel, he's a big scardy cat Very Happy Looking forward to seeing more.
linsey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
Great video kendal, she's so fast at it! Laughing Doogle won't even put one paw inside a tunnel, he's a big scardy cat Very Happy Looking forward to seeing more.

Leon is the same Izzy! I'd have to pick him up and throw him through it! Very Happy
Mary
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Kendal and Gypsy, you are having so much fun together. Please keep posting the videos they are great. I wish I had done that with Danny when he was young he could also jump well but not as high as a Cockapoo!! Smile
lynn 01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendal you and Gypsy look great. I`m so jealous. Gypsy looks so happy and I know you are a proud and happy mummy. (rightly so) I wait with baited breath for the next video.

Keep up the good work

Lynn
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendal, Keep up the good work Wink
Your right on track to having a great agility dog and you are a Fab handler. hello1

shona wrote:
its very difficult to put things in a way which don`t demoralise the enthusiastic handler, we want to keep the enthusiasm - but not the norty handling habits which develop when no one is there to say ` no, don`t do that`

Shona,
Can we take from your post that you are an agility instructor Question
shona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was just about what I expected,,,,,nuff said, thanks kendal your the only one is seem to have not upset, the reason for not putting this in a pm was anyone looking at this site and clip would then go on to think that its ok to do that height,,,poss with a totaly untrained dog, I THOUGHT this site was here as a dog training forum Rolling Eyes
Emma*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shona wrote:
this was just about what I expected,,,,,nuff said, thanks kendal your the only one is seem to have not upset, see ya

You haven't upset me Shona,i just felt your post was a bit harsh the way it was very impersonal.
The main thing is, Kendal isn't offended so i wouldn't worry. Smile
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shona wrote:
this was just about what I expected,,,,,nuff said,

Question that's seems a very strange remark Shona Question what do you mean Question

shona wrote:
I THOUGHT this site was here as a dog training forum Rolling Eyes

It is a dog training forum, we all appreciate constructive criticism and helpful hints, as a newbie here many of our regulars thought that your post seemed a bit harsh toward Kendal. That's all.
It is difficult for people to accept strong crits from someone they know nothing about. Perhaps if we all knew a bit more about you and you'd been around longer then there would not have been so many taken aback by your post.
Smile
linsey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shona wrote:
this was just about what I expected,,,,,nuff said, thanks kendal your the only one is seem to have not upset, the reason for not putting this in a pm was anyone looking at this site and clip would then go on to think that its ok to do that height,,,poss with a totaly untrained dog, I THOUGHT this site was here as a dog training forum Rolling Eyes

I wasn't upset, what I didn't like was that you took it upon yourself to publicly criticise Kendal, quite harshly IMO.

The reason Kendal isn't going to get upset about it is that she is a lovely person who is capable of rising above it.

If you were only concerned about the welfare of the dog regarding the height jumped then fair enough, but there are FAR better ways to word it so that it doesn't come across as what basically amounted to attack on someone who didn't deserve it.

Remember, like Marcella says, we don't really know as you haven't been on the forum very long and you haven't told us much about yourself, and whilst everyone here is very welcoming and friendly, no-one is going to be too happy to let you have a go at one of their friends.

shona wrote:
this was just about what I expected,,,,,nuff said

That is an odd thing to post and makes you sound like you have some kind of chip on your shoulder. Also... if you thought you might get a negative response to your post, then maybe you should have stopped to think about WHY that would be before you posted it? If you had worded it a bit better then I reckon no-one would have batted an eyelid.
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where you are coming from and you make good points regarding the health and welfare of the dog. an i am glad thank you pointed them out asI wouldn't want anyone else to harm their dog by trying something their dog wasn't ready for.

you still haven't answered mine or Carols question regarding your knowledge of agility.... are you a trainer or just a fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Video Clips of Our Pets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: