Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
MOONWALKERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Non Dog Photo Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norma giannotti
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: MOONWALKERS Reply with quote

Well done girls guess you will need plenty of magic cream. 3some

Congratulations hello1 wav

Just you all go to bed and have plenty of rest and let everyone spoil you today sleepy2

Norma and Tara
graceb
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done ladies. hello1
jackdeb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wav Congratulations wav

walk: walk Well done. walk walk

Has anyone heard how Lindsey got on.

Jack
linsey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here and I'm good!!! Just spent the day eating and sleeping... Embarassed Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Can honestly say that was one of the best things I've ever done Very Happy

Thanks everyone who sponsored us... when the legs were going to jelly and it was absolutely freezing I was just thinking of you guys and remembering why we were doing this...

Lx
marcella

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it did get a bit cold eh Linsey ............. I felt it cold around 2am, layered up and kept going. When the sun was up and we were tramping on it got warm again. So we stripped to our bra's when we hit the 25 mile marker around 7.10 this morning.

When Lindy got your text to say you'd finished we were walking along the beach must have been around mile 14 or so and all we thought of was how good you must have felt finishing. It seemed like we had an eternity still to go at that point.

The army guys all around the course were great, they were really geeing us on telling us we were making a sterling effort! Very Happy At one point one of them asked Lindy if she'd been on vodka ........... it was after Lindy had 'hit the wall' at 23 miles. She drank a bottle of Lucozade and we kept going without slowing down and 5 minutes after drinking it she got a wee buzz. When the army guy cheered us on Lindy shouted and waved like a loony back at him and he burst out laughing. By that point everyone else had little energy and the 2 of us were like Duracell Bunnies Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing God knows where we found the energy we had over the last couple of miles we were overtaking everyone and really finished on a high. Smile

Well done to Jennifer too (Hudsons mum) passed her on Portobello Beach when there was around 7 miles or so to go. Wink
linsey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of you girls as I crossed the finish Marcy...

I also thought of you all when we were holding hands before we started - I had a wee tear in my eye (understatement)... and I thought... I bet Lindy will cry too!!!

I'm still feeling a bit emotional at the moment, but I'm putting it down to exhaustion, and maybe PMT!

Lx
marcella

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, when we had the minute silence all holding hands it was very emotional.

Then as we crossed the finish line Lindy and I were holding hands again up in the air cheering then as I turned round to Lindy the tears were flowing and it was a case 'OH Marcy this is really emotional' Crying or Very sad It was, a mixture of exhaustion, relief and feeling proud of ourselves for completing it. Smile Embarassed Smile
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok crying again Laughing what night it was totally the best experience and I'm glad I had my pals with me to do it with Very Happy We had such a hoot but quite a lot of quiet time to reflect all the way thought and it was surprisingly quiet even though 12000 people were walking, watching the sun rise as we walked along the beach was stunning and worth the 11/12 miles we had walked just to see that. Walking over that finish line with Marcella was just amazing we had massive smiles on our faces, we were totally shattered but had walked like a steam train to get to the finish as fast as we could and we did not too bad finished in 7.30 hrs I had tears streaming down my face it's such a strange feeling to cross the line. Izzy finished a bit behind us as her feet had started to get sore so she wanted to take it a wee bit slower and she did great at 8hrs 10mins. We all did it much quicker than our estimated 8.30 to 9 hrs. Like Marcella said the squaddies kept you going and I had that guy near the end in stitches with my big smiley hello but I had got my energy back after my wee bottle of lucozade which am really glad I took as I had started feeling dizzy and nauseous and it did the trick and ave me that buzz I needed to push onto the end.

Well done girls we all did great here's to next year Very Happy
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy wrote:
Ok crying again Laughing

I think I'm getting more emotional about it now than I did at the time! I went out to see my friend today and took my medal with me to let her see it ........ as she logged on here to look at the pics (with every mechanic in her garage crowded round for a look too!) I got a lump in my throat at that pic of you walking out of the Meadows ...... your face said it all. Smile
Oh and the mechanics liked the puppies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprise surprise!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Lindy wrote:
Ok crying again Laughing

I think I'm getting more emotional about it now than I did at the time! I went out to see my friend today and took my medal with me to let her see it ........ as she logged on here to look at the pics (with every mechanic in her garage crowded round for a look too!) I got a lump in my throat at that pic of you walking out of the Meadows ...... your face said it all. Smile
Oh and the mechanics liked the puppies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprise surprise!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

OMG nice pics for the mechanics then Embarassed
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh they thought so!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
linsey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Lindy wrote:
Ok crying again Laughing

I think I'm getting more emotional about it now than I did at the time!

I know! Me too - it is really embarrassing! Someone just sponsored me there and I got a bit... erm... teary eyed! And yesterday I started bubbling while I was driving along in the car and thinking about everything... then today the cleaning lady was asking me how i got on and I was welling up! It really really does mean so much to me, but this is ridiculous!!!

Deary me!

Embarassed Confused Smile Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Isabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the best bit was finishing, so i could take my bl**dy trainers off!! Very Happy Well done girlies Smile
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
I have to say the best bit was finishing, so i could take my bl**dy trainers off!! Very Happy

watching you hobble from the car to your house you looked like you'd sh!t your pants Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry for laughing ......... but it was hilarious! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Isabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I had! Very Happy Only joking guys, I do have some standards!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Non Dog Photo Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: