Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Male dog hormones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaelle
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Male dog hormones Reply with quote

Over the last few months every so often Cuthbert gets a glazed look on his face, starts to pant and get very over excited and badly behaved. He doesn't always try to mount anything and doesn't seem to hear what we are telling him, the only thing which seems to calm him down is to go and lie out in the garden for a while to literally cool off. I'm assuming that this is just a surge of hormones but how long does it go on for? Will it change when he becomes fully mature or not? He is nearly 14 months old.
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto has moments like this, mostly when I come in from work or if it's walk/dinner time - regardless of whether he's been in his crate or with the teenager. Mostly attention seeking I reckon.

He doesn't have the glazed looked but he does roll about on the carpet trying to bite his tail (hard as it's docked), or stealing socks or slippers and doesn't react to a correction in the way he normally does.

In this mood, we just ignore him and if he's too hyper, he gets turfed into the dining room or outside till he calms down. Which he soon does when he realises it's not working.

I think it's a combination of youthful exuberance and letting off steam, but mostly trying to get a reaction so attention is on him or he gets what he wants. Also if me and Ian are play fighting he does it ie if our energy levels go up, so does his.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: