Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Revolting dog!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Quote:
knew of a dog who was very fit and appeared to be healthy too but she just didn't respond to training very well and refused to listen to the owner not matter what she did. The dog was also prone to the occasional snarl and snap when being groomed. She had these checks done and it turns out her fibroid levels were too low and with medication the dog was transformed.

There was something on It's Me or the Dog about a dog with abnormal fibroid levels which caused the dog to be aggressive. I didn't see this episode but a friend told me about it.

Jodie is NOT aggressive. I don't want her to be "transformed" thank you very much.

I didn't say she was aggressive. Confused Smile
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Nicola wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
so you pump a dog full of chemicals and that solves the problem!

oh I swore genius that is...I think its better off with the oh I swore...at least is natural

So the snarling and snapping, ignoring commands, unable to attend a dog club and mix off and on lead with other dogs is ok for you, Cassandra, so long as the dog can eat oh I swore? Confused

I know which option I would choose.

Yes we know...drugging it senseless you already said that.

When all else fails drug it up to the eyeballs...then its fine!

Hardly drugging it senseless, Cassandra. In fact, with the drugs it had much more sense than it had before! Wink Laughing It was also able to mix with other dogs off and on lead perfectly well.
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far on this forum you have contradicted yourself so many times...I would keep count but I really can't be bothered.
Made derogatory remarks about people, their training and their dogs...thinly diguised as 'your opinion' and 'advice' and failed to answer numerous questions asked of you.

Have you considered becoming a politician at all?
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Quote:
knew of a dog who was very fit and appeared to be healthy too but she just didn't respond to training very well and refused to listen to the owner not matter what she did. The dog was also prone to the occasional snarl and snap when being groomed. She had these checks done and it turns out her fibroid levels were too low and with medication the dog was transformed.

There was something on It's Me or the Dog about a dog with abnormal fibroid levels which caused the dog to be aggressive. I didn't see this episode but a friend told me about it.

Jodie is NOT aggressive. I don't want her to be "transformed" thank you very much.

Also, I know you don't want her transformed, I think think though that you would like her to stop eating foxshit. Confused I'm only trying to give suggestions in order to help you, nothing more.
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:

Hardly drugging it senseless, Cassandra. In fact, with the drugs it had much more sense than it had before! Wink Laughing It was also able to mix with other dogs off and on lead perfectly well.

Do you have any knowledge of the effects of drugs on the system at all Nicola....judging by that reply...I suspect not
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
So far on this forum you have contradicted yourself so many times...I would keep count but I really can't be bothered.
Made derogatory remarks about people, their training and their dogs...thinly diguised as 'your opinion' and 'advice' and failed to answer numerous questions asked of you.

Have you considered becoming a politician at all?

You're the expert on derogatory remarks, Cassandra. Smile

People don't have to try my ideas, however they are there if they want them.
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:

Yes you have said that before and still managed to offend and come across as extremely obnoxious, so whether it is 'your opinion', 'belief' or 'idea' your attitude stinks.

I am not derogatory, Nicola I call it as I see it and you are simply see through.

Yet another point you evaded there with sly remarks aswell....sad
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Nicola wrote:

Yes you have said that before and still managed to offend and come across as extremely obnoxious, so whether it is 'your opinion', 'belief' or 'idea' your attitude stinks.

I am not derogatory, Nicola I call it as I see it and you are simply see through.

Yet another point you evaded there with sly remarks aswell....sad

You are indeed.

Thank you for my personal review. Laughing
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:

You are indeed.

Thank you for my personal review. Laughing

So are you going to actually address any of the questions asked of you? Its generally polite in a forum, to engage in discussion.
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my mumasked the vet what to do about the dog eating the contents of the cat litter tray regularly, he said 'as long as thay are wormed regularly then its fine, they enjoy it dont they' my mum was like yyyyeeeuuuk puke
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Nicola wrote:

Do you have any knowledge of the effects of drugs on the system at all Nicola....judging by that reply...I suspect not

If the drugs for fibroids helped my dog the way it did Meg's, then I would use them on my dogs instantly.

Metacam, for example, used for a long period of time can have a harmful affect on a dog's liver. This obviously depends on the size of the dog and frequency of use. Just like paracetamol is harmful to us used regularly, long term.

Obviously, most drugs have a harmful effect on the system over time and obviously, some are life savers.

In this collie's case, if she didn't take the medication, she could have most probably been put to sleep eventually, I believe. She really wasn't happy at all. When I last seen her, about a year ago, 6 months after taking the drugs, she is a totally different dog and there appears to be no aggression in her whatsoever. She's very lively and happy.

For this dog, the medication was a lifesaver, if only I could remember what the medication was. If I see her again i'll ask her.
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manda Smith, who practised vet medicine for some time, said that horse oh I swore did no harm and could even sort out some digestive imbalances.

Certainly it has not been the ingestion of straightforward "oh I swore" which has been the cause of Jodie's albeit rare stomach problems in the past. They were caused by substances unknown (but tasty)!
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shirley c wrote:
When my mumasked the vet what to do about the dog eating the contents of the cat litter tray regularly, he said 'as long as thay are wormed regularly then its fine, they enjoy it dont they' my mum was like yyyyeeeuuuk puke

Hmm...are you sure it was a vet your mum seen, Shirley? I would be surprised if my vet told me that! Shocked Confused Laughing
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In this collie's case, if she didn't take the medication, she could have most probably been put to sleep eventually, I believe. She really wasn't happy at all. When I last seen her, about a year ago, 6 months after taking the drugs, she is a totally different dog and there appears to be no aggression in her whatsoever. She's very lively and happy.

For this dog, the medication was a lifesaver, if only I could remember what the medication was. If I see her again i'll ask her.

Haven't you made a hug leap here from "the occasional snarl when being groomed" to life threatening behaviour?
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Quote:

Haven't you made a hug leap here from "the occasional snarl when being groomed" to life threatening behaviour?

I should have added, that given the chance, she could have done a lot of damage to other dogs. I thought that may have been noticable from my posts above...Sorry! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: