Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Upset puppy tummy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link should help Anna:

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this PDF I found. I've just posted both on my forum too

kerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope she is ok, koda has been a bit down since friday, a wee bit sick, but today he was sick and had the runs, where he couldt wait to get outside, so starved him today, see how he is tomo on a bit of chicken and if no better the vet for him. i wouldnt normally take him for it as starving him ususlly does the trick but this has been since friday he was a bit off. he still is playfull and hungry so think just s bug, boy they are good at looking sorry for themselfs Smile
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto has a sensitive tummy and has random bouts of puking, runny bum and not eating. It is getting less. Follows a bout of colitis when he was a puppy, but that was more characterised by runny bum than being sick.

One of the reasons he gets very little human food, and what leftovers he does get is plain ie chicken, rice or veg. Even most dog treats give him the runs. I don't think that's a bad thing though, he doesn't need more than his JWB and rawhide chews.

But it's never lasted more than a few days. Hopefully vet will help you out.
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're joining the club ......the puking club that is. Whilst I've been at work Mark tells me Sykes has been puking most of the day Sad

He left his brekkie this morning has puked slimy bile all day but wolfed his dinner down tonight so I thought he was passed the worst but I am being treated to constant slobbering and coughing noises and gurgling of his tummy. Call me callous but it's beginning to do me blooming heed in man! Laughing Laughing Laughing

All joking aside if this hasn't stopped within the next 24-48 hours we'll be making a trip to the vets. He's eating and drinking so I'm not overtly concerned just yet but getting to be so Sad

His breathing has just turned quite dodgy so I might revise that plan. Sad Sad Sad

Pupils now heavily dilated. I'm going to try him with the syringe in a minute to help try and flush out whatever has upset his tummy. Could be an emergency vets visit, I'll keep you posted. He's not too uncomfortable and it's difficult to tell with him how much is genuine as he does tend to play on your soft side when a bit off colour - typical man really Rolling Eyes Wink
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hope he is ok, Koda stomach regulary gurgles, but was so loud and constant yesterday, he much better today, tried him on some chicken, he was still rying to eat grass this morning so we will see how the chicken goes down. finger crossed
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have been panicking all evening. His breathing got very very bad at one point. Incredibly Rattly, wheezy, whistly and laboured Sad He is holding his head off the floor, won't lie completely down and is still wheezing but since I syringed some water into him things have eased off a tad. He's not right, still coughing and wheezing, dilated pupils, too warm ears, tensed body but the good news is that it's not stopping him eating - my boy is hungry - he just stole a geet slice of beef that dropped onto the kitchen floor from my plate and wolfed it in one go. Rolling Eyes

I suspect the puking today has really hurt his throat hence the poor breathing, the gurgling being caused by excess acid and too little food to work on and the tenseness from probable pulled muscle from the severe retching. Hopefully I am right and this will correct itself over the next few days. We've downgraded puppy watch to Amber alert now from Red Very Happy but vets number is stored in my phone for emergencies anyway - hopefully I'll not need it now. Smile
Gaelle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh poor wee Sykes (and you too of course). I hope he's feeling a bit better this morning. Please let us know how he's doing. Sad Sad
How is Koda doing today Kerry?
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sykes and I had a very rough night last night (pardon the pun). He couldn't lie down properly as his breathing was too laboured and he was too sore. I was still syringing water into him at 2:30 this morning and massaging his very sore throat to ease the fluid build up Sad

I was prepared to rush him to the vets first thing but when I woke he was lying down OK and his breathing had improved. Mark says he still hasn't had a drink voluntarily other than a little milk straight from the fridge to ease the soreness so hubs syringed some water into him today and I've just given him another 15mil. More will follow, little and often until he starts drinking for himself. His breathing though still laboured is a HUGE improvement on yesterday. He is quite perky in himself and he's eating properly so long as it's wet food, he's no interest in his biccies that he usually loves but I can sympathise with that as his throat must be very raw just now. All looking a lot better today. He's not normal so I'm still monitoring him but I'm much much happier with him tonight. Smile

Anna - how's little Tilly doing now? XXX
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear he has improved a little. have you tried to see if he will eat ice cubes. if he decided to chomp on them, then he would be taking in water

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it babe - no joy. He doesnt like ice cubes as he's got sensitive teeth Sad

I don't mind the syringing - I'm a dab hand at it now after having to do it for goodness knows how many cats and dogs along the years Very Happy

He's a good boy and is taking it very well so I'll keep it up until he starts drinking for himself. All cuddles and kisses passed on to him - thanks everyone for your good wishes.xxxxxxxxx
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jack, please let me know how he gets on Wink

Tracy
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tracy Wink

It's all looking better and better the more water I get into him. He's not at dehydration point and I have no intention of allowing him to get there so everything crossed he'll be fine.

His teeth are MINGING though - desperately need cleaning - he's not allowed bones after we had squit city off the last time I allowed them and Ella was a complete and utter COW over hers (you might recall she had squits and sickness lasting in total about 5 days Rolling Eyes ) NONE of the dogs were OK with the bones - they all had upset tummies and the bones were the ONLY thing they had that could have caused it plus the evidence was there coming from both ends - EWWWWW.

Any ideas what's best for teeth. I CAN brush them but it's just not shifting the plaque build up. Suggestions for Staffie proof chewing and that's good at cleaning teeth (bones excluded) would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to stick a toothbrush in his mouth just now as he's still very sore from the illness and I don't want to be the cause of return to puke city either.

Thanks.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good news jack, i know what you are talking about but i only noticed a difference in his teeth when he went onto raw diet, omg he could appear on a colgate advert now Laughing
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUM!!!!! Very Happy He so cannot have bones.....anyone noticed any marked difference with Nylabones or similar???

Sykes status report......he's drinking by himself YAY!!!!! Conned into it by tricky mummy letting him clean a plate with gravy dregs on it and placed right next to his water bowl. Now I can relax the syringing. SO RELIEVED - he's definately passed the worst now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: