Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Keeping Fit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:

I lost the weight when I left my husband...there is something to be said for happiness and health Wink

John is now quaking in his boots!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much sense in these posts.

All I would add is - don't skip meals! You'll only start to pick, hate yourself, and give up! Build treats into your daily intake - mine is wine!!

Smaller portions help - or try to always leave something on your plate - easier said than done, I know.

Personally, the gym would not be for me - I find it boring- I just stick to walking.
Suzanne St
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: gym Reply with quote

I get board in gym, but i do a few of the classes at the tryst. Step and body pump are good fun. The tryst
have lots of classes.
Isabel
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever thought of going running with your boys? I go running with doogle sometimes, but i think he enjoys it more than i do! Laughing
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I lost the weight when I left my husband...there is something to be said for happiness and health Wink

John is now quaking in his boots!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL!!! You could always try a day out with my three kids AND the dogs...that will keep you on your toes Twisted Evil
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running???????? Shocked That is the one form of exercise that I would not do........ I despise running. I can't. It's like a fairy elephant thumping it's way around........ unsightly and uncomfortable! I'd rather walk, or even have short bursts on a treadmill, that way fewer people would see me Embarassed
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella

I'll catch up with you tonight and have a chat about it, my degree is in Health and fitness/sports science so I can try and help if you want, worked in a gym and excercise referral for 5 yrs so have a bit of knowledge and some good ideas to help out if you want.

Lindy
kirsty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All righty girls!!

lets cut to the chase here - if we give up the booze were onto a head start Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Janice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty I thought you were sane Surprised I nearly spilled my wine Isn't it supposed to help with free radicals or something? Might be dangerous to give up.
Magz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angel4 My body is a temple, no bad things shall pass my lips. I can't understand why you all find it so hard, its a doddle to keep a balanced healthy diet.(twitch) I am a so fit and healthy and perfectly balanced (twitch) I dont need all those deadly poisons to make me whole (twitch twitch) follow my example Wink Wink Wink

ok so I'm talking mince I see William eating meat and having a wee drink and I sulk. be grateful you can enjoy these things as someone one day might say you can't and if my docs ever tell me I can't eat chocolate thats the day the can take my bowel or sew my mouth up bootyshake
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella

I have been having a think about this since I got back in from the walk, two things you need to do to get started
1. Do a food diary for the next 7 days including what you eat as snacks, out for meals etc as these are normal everyday things and then you can look at it and see if there are things there that you really don't need. recently the powers that be in the Scottish exec have decided that women now need 2100 calories to sustain us each day, previuosly it was recomened that we only needed 1700..... now from extensive reading and questioning the reason for this seems to be that as a growing nation!!!! we need more calories each day........ I find this hard to accept as in this day and age we are not as likely to do as much manual labour at work or at home so we are not buring as much energy therfore need less food, also we are eating more fast food, and processed foods that tend to be higher in calories and fats, children are less likely to be outside playing and more likely to be inside on PC's games consols and the TV.

2. Write up an excercise diary for the next 7 days to see exactly how much you are currenlty doing, this includes activ ites such as hoovering, dusting, cleaning the bathroom/kitchen and gardening aswell as the obvious walking, jogging, gym, swim, dancing, classes you may do. At the end of the seven days you can work out your daily amount of exercise and see if there is any way you can increase this if needed.

What this will do is let you see how much you are taking in food wise and how much energy you are using this is a good way to see if you need to cut down on food and or up the activity levels. It is recommended and this I agree with that 30 minutes of moderate to brisk exercise most days of the week can half your risk of heart attack and greatly reduces the risks of stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure and some cancers. And for us women weight bearing excersie such as walking is really good for reducing the risk of osteoporosis is later life and is very improtant to keep up during the menopause. Moderate to brisk exercise is where you will feel a little breathless but can still talk, a little hot under the collar and back and you can feel your heart beating a little faster.

now this is just to help you get started to see where you need to change things and you can figure out what exercise you want to start doing and where you can fit it in each day. Get john and emily involved if you can or friends to keep you going as sometimes haveing other relying on you going to something is a good motiviation.

Hope this helps a little.

Lindy Very Happy
Eleanor
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella

the mariner centre in Camelon do an aqua-arobic class which may be worth looking into (ladies only I think) - but that's not how you spell i

anyway it now past my bed time and I'm off to bed, been up since 5.00

night night

Eleanor

give it some thought and I may be tempted to join you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: