Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
You couldn't make it up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaelle
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: You couldn't make it up! Reply with quote

What is it they say about the best laid plans?
Today I had arranged with a neighbour to come round early to help me move my mattress in preparation for a new one being delivered. I woke up 15 minutes before he was due despite NEVER oversleeping. Mad rush to get dressed , make space to put said mattress in and strip the bed, let Cuthbert into garden. Got downstairs to find that the oil filled radiator I distinctly remember thinking out turning off before bed last night, was still on and a very content dog was curled up in front of it. Mattress duly moved, tried to put a washing on and spilt the powder,. Got a call from the company I purchased the mattress from to say their courier had let them down and would tomorrow be ok? Guess who's sleeping on the sofa tonight?
Next up was the chap to fit TV ariel and a digi box. So far so good everything was working fine before he left then when I tried to work it alone the blasted thing froze on me so I am awaiting his return to no doubt call me a stupid woman or pat me patronisingly on the head while it works perfectly for him!!!!!!! My next trick will be if Cuthbert's food delivery arrives today as planned, with my luck (and it wouldn't be the first time) the delivery guy will be scared of dogs and refuse to bring the bag inside for me. If he comes. With the way today is going so far I won't hold my breath!!!!!
I was quite pleased that Friday 13th passed unremarkably,little did I know it was just postponed to another day to catch me unawares!! Ah well.
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count to 10 Gaelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: