Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
puppy insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: puppy insurance Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I have been checking out some pet insurance for Tia on the web............going a bit googly eyed now!!! Has anyone heard of
Animal friends pet cover or have any suggestions.

Alice

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure u get a lifelong policy. A lot of them put exclusions so they only pay so much per condition or they'll stop after a yr. Lifelong ones mean ur covered for mostly anything that will happen. I've not heard of that one. Just make sure u read all the small stuff....u know what insurance companies r like!

I'm with petplan but only cos they were best offer I got regarding alfie's leg. There lots of ok ones around
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry not heard of them......i am currently with morethan with my three girls and i have had no problems!
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent heard of them either. We are also with MORE Than and have had no probs though the renewal for Hektor then Millie's first policy now says we have to pay £70 excess + 10% of remainder.

I dont want to move though because they paid out thousands to the Vet school with no probs in Heks first year...if that problem ever happens again I want to be covered!!

Lisa
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also with Morethan and had no problems with them. Otto ripped his side and the claim went through ok.

We chose them because they do include recurring illnesses. Not that ours have any, but many policies would pay out once but not continue to support an ongoing condition.

You pay for what you get with insurance and it's worth researching.
Maxxy&Kirstin&Oll
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Ollie and Maxxy insured, cost £23 a month all in for both of them just under £12 each, ASDA, Craig gets a colleague discount and we got a multi pet discount too so all in a 20% discount for their Superior pet cover which is the best one you can get. I'm well chuffed!
Maxxy&Kirstin&Oll
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of animal friends , seen them on comparison websites but don't know anything about them sorry
jenterrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better check some of your local puppy insurance and try to read their quotes. It is really important to let you know those advantages and disadvantages.
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been with More than for the last two years. just because of the level of cover they offer it's a hefty £43 a month however that's just because the Bernese are prone to all sorts of things.

the last quote i did with Animal Friends, for the life of the illness cover was something rediculous like £76. so i went with more than again. i think pet plan has a great cover level too, but can be pricey.

Frankie
Janis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too am with more than with my 4 and i don't feel they are too bad but think it's because my lot are described as crossbreeds. had to claim once and no problems at all.... i simply paid the excess at the vets signed the form and the vet and insurance company worked it between themselves!
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal Friends get good reports. They do alot to help animal charities too. They gave German Shepherd Rescue £5000 recently. Every month you can nominate an animal charity and whichever gets most votes gets a donation. They started as a family business and have largely kept it that way even though they are a much bigger company now. You can find them on Facebook.
I've got 4 cats +1GSD with pet plan on covered for life policies and 1GSD on a tesco covered for life policy.
I've claimed lots with pet plan and never had any problems. They aren't the cheapest but are really good at paying out. I only went with Tesco for Tubbs as I couldn't get a covered for life policy with pet plan because she is 7.
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've 2 cats and a GSD on directline insurance. We has to claim for one of our cats two years ago for surgery on her leg and they paid out quickly and the premiums didn't increase by much for this year. We've heard good things about Animal Friends but we only became aware of them last year really when they gave the rescue the grant.
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Alfie insured with petplan. They're the only ones who would cover his leg (though I'm still not exactly sure why they agreed to that knowing it was going to need work??) Think they were one of the most expensive but they've paid out every time for both his leg ops saving me a fortune and they pay for his glucosamine tablets he gets and covered his hydrotherapy after his op. The premium only goes up by £1 per yr regardless of how much u claim so seems reasonable!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: