Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
OLIVIA ILL PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amandawhitelaw
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: OLIVIA ILL PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

So sorry not attended class the past few weeks. I need help with olivia my new 10month old pup. I have had her just over a week and i have attended the vet three times so far. She keeps licking paws until fur coming out. However, this is not my main worry.

She has a ad right ack leg. She guards it and limps. She compensates for it all the time. I think the reeder new about the problem cause she said do not take her for a walk any longer than 15 Min's and keep her on the lead. Also she said don't let her play with yoda or run about.

The vet said keep her on the lead for 4 weeks and if not any improvement then they will give her GA and take x-rays. He suspects Torn cruciate ligament. She cries now and again and i feel we should not wait 4 weeks and just get tests done just now. What do you think?

She also is vomiting in the morning and had ad diarrhea. She has een gradually changed to the raw meet diet like yoda do you think it does not agree with her?
kendal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Amanda, did you not question the breeder when she told you to only walk her for 15 minutes and not to let her play with Yoda. why was the breeder selling her at 10 months old? have you contacted her since the problems started, did she give you any indication that she has been needing or getting vet treatment.

the food, i dont like mixing raw with the dry food, Inca was sick when i did that, but with echo i just changed her over the day after we got her.

the paws i dont know. were her paws looking bald when you got her or has it only just started. is she perhaps board or a little stressed after the move.

i would definitely contact the breeder and ask if she knew about the problems, but they may well lie and say she was in perfect health, was she insured when you got her?

i realy hope you get her sorted out, did you meat her before you decided to get her?

Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: OLIVIA ILL PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Agree with Kendal about the paws and food and also contacting the breeder and trying to get any info you can

amandawhitelaw wrote:
The vet said keep her on the lead for 4 weeks and if not any improvement then they will give her GA and take x-rays. He suspects Torn cruciate ligament. She cries now and again and i feel we should not wait 4 weeks and just get tests done just now. What do you think?

Agree with you, if it was me I would get x-rays/tests done now and figure out what is wrong with her leg sooner rather than later, That way if there isnt anything seriously wrong (just a bruise or sprain sort of thing) then you know and can just rest her and restrict walks for a while but if it is something more then you can start treatment sooner rather than wasting 4 weeks so to speak

Hope you get it sorted soon and get her on the mend
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Olivia!!! Hope she picks up!! Is she on any medication for her leg or just rest, just in case that's why she's being sick?

If you're worried I would ask for the tests sooner rather than wait so they can check her knee and her hips. But I agree with Kendal. Worth asking the breeder. She may have said not to overdo it with exercise just cos she's a pup but need to check she didn't have any problems before you got her. Good luck resting her! Were still struggling on occasions!!!
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree. I am taking her to another vet today and i am asking for the test asap. we were at that fun day in west calder and she done a poo ut she yelped when she was doing it. i think it may e her hip ££££££££££££££££ thanks guys
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took her to the vet today she is get done on thurs. He is taking x-rays of knee and hips. He said her knee was hot to the touch not good
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how she gets on. Fingers crossed x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: