Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Barking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Barking Reply with quote

Hello,

Dexter has become quite a persistent barker the last few weeks. He will bark at EVERYTHING from car doors shutting, the cats jumping off the windowsill upstairs, people walking past the house, birds flying past the window, specks of dust....

He does it at very inopportune times too-last night we were up at 12am, 4am then 9am again. Once he starts barking he does not stop. We felt it was probably best to ignore him as I thought he was probably barking for attention so we don't give in or react and I'll occasionally walk out the room when he starts but it doesn't stop his barking or deter him at all.

We're getting a bit anxious about the night barking. We do live in a semi-detached house and so far the neighbour has been tolerant but I don't want to test his patience. Dexter is also severely testing ours!!

Any advice?

Cat
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have bark collars for ours and they are generally quiet effective. best to buy on line rather than at pets at home as they can be expensive. basically it is a small box attached to a collar which goes around the neck and sits under the chin. it has compressed air......which can be replenished by filling with what looks light a light fuel can and when the dog barks it emits a short sharp burst of air which they don't like and they soon learn if they don't want a telling off with this then they don't bark. the compressed air canister comes in citrus smelling as well as clear. like you i am in a semi detached and as you know we have 4 dogs so it can be noisy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: