Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Last nights fireworks......did you dog cope Ok?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Last nights fireworks......did you dog cope Ok? Reply with quote

Last nights fireworks......hope none of our dogs got too stressed?

diesel and Murphy don't bother at all......Blaze was far better than in previous years.

john
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie was fine for the first hr or so of bangs. Then a neighbour had a display for like an hr with really loud bangs and he barked his head off every time one went off and wouldn't stop. Only way eventually I got him to stop was to give him a chew/bring him up on couch with me. Both things which prob just rewarded his bad behaviour but ah well....he was disturbing x factor!! Ignored him to start with but he really wasn't gonna stop barking!! Will need to do more next yr before the day. Didn't bother cos last 2yrs he's bn fine!

He's also getting bad at barking when the door goes and sounds quite ferocious. Starting toget comments from people at door like electricity guy last wk about having a good "guard dog" If only they saw him, he's anything but! The barking is getting annoying tho!
MariaMcKenna
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amber was fine last year and they were both fine up untill friday, when David and my mom had taken the dogs out as I'm not very well, and someone set off a firework as they were walking past and now they are both shaking with their tails between their legs at every noise Sad,

so we had them out just before it kicked off, but they were still very jumpy, so I covered up their crate and they spent most of the night in there, then we sneaked out for their last walk in the early hours of the morning once it had calmed down
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stress of Muffin and fireworks has finally been lifted..as she has now lost all hearing poor sod. Shes coping with it very well though. I just forget constantly.

Totts just wanted to stay close to someone but otherwise not bad. And Amber ignored them Smile

Will be getting the girls back to class ASAP miss you all! The joys of dissertation year Sad
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexter was really good! We weren't sure how he'd be as this is his first fireworks and he woofs excessively at all banging things like car doors shutting, the cats jumping off the bed upstairs, the stairs creaking, leaves blowing past....

Our neighbours 2 doors down had fireworks too and he didn't really bother, he just sat at the patio window and watched it! He only woofed a handful of times and that was when it was the big rockets they set off. Our cats were awful though!! They were terrified and spend the majority of the night round my neck or under the bed! I think the only times Dexter actually bothered was when they were jumping around the house running from room to room!

I really don't like private fireworks I think they should be restricted to public displays only. I've been kinda passive on it in the past but on Sunday morning Dexter trotted up to the back door with a used rocket in his mouth, still attached to the stick and everything. I really wasn't very impressed at all!!! So my passive dislike of private displays has somewhat escalated into full blown hatred!!!!
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huey is unbelievable, he thinks he's a man in a dog suit.

Huey was watching the broadwood display from the window with Ross

my attempt at posting the evidence is below. this is usually where kendal comes to me rescue Laughing

[img]http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae117/forourke/77075704.jpg[/img]

Frankie
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i have copied and pasted the exact same link i have no idea why it doesn't work on your posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: