Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Not at class this week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Not at class this week Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Cleo and I had to skip last night. It was Julie's yearly dance show which we all attended, but not all willingly; which I can understand. It does last 3 hours!
We won't make Sunday either with Tubbs. I've just dropped her off at the vets. She is getting a large mammary mass removed, getting spayed, having a cist removed from above her eye and having her anal glands flushed. My stomach is churning at the moment. Poor babe won't know what sore bit to complain about when I get her back.
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubbs is back home safe and as well as can be expected. They didn't remove the cyst like lump on her head as it isn't there right now and there was no evidence of where it was. Her mammary mass was only a lipoma, thank God, albeit the size of a large orange. Her surgery took a bit longer than expected. When I phoned to see how she'd got on at 12.40, she was still on the table so my mind was adding 2+2 and getting 10. I phoned again at 2pm and she was in recovery but sleeping. We got her back at 4pm. We put her in a crate and lifted the crate into the back of the land rover. Anyone watching would have got a good laugh at that. Us lifting the crate with 40+ kg of dog who wouldn't sit or lie down. She is in her room having a rest now. I'm glad that's over with!
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad she is home safe and sound. (thought i posted earlier but must not have clicked 'post')

if the cone is going to be an issue try a Tshirt so she cant get to her stitches. Inca was a nightmare and used the cone to scratch her stitches and got them infected. so after that we used Tshirst/vest, well except for Delta as she got her dew claws removed so she needed the cone.

how have you been are you still running yourself ragged.

Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kendal
She has been great. We haven't needed to use the cone yet, she isn't bothering about her stitches so far, although I know with painkillers wearing off that might change. I've got some chewable metacalm tablets for her for the next 5 days so I'm hoping she won't be too bad. She's not shown any interest in food yet, but she's maybe still feeling a bit nauseous after her anaesthetic.

I'm fine, thank you. Getting back to normal now. I don't feel like I do any more than most. I'm just not that great at coping with normal. I've decided I should have been born rich with servants and suchlike who could get on with the abundant mundane everyday household chores and leave me free to have fun with my family, 2 and 4 legged; and also do more rescue work. And no more 38 hours+ at awful nhs job.

Oh well. It was a nice thought. I guess I'll just have to settle for normal and like it!
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Sharon,

Hope Tubbs is feeling better. What a relief that her mammory cist is nothing to worry about! I'll bet she has you all pandering to her! I know that Dexter had us wrapped round his paw following his snip! He very much objected to the cone-of-shame!

Cat
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad everythings all ok. u can relax now its all over and done with and I'm sure she'll have u all spoiling her!!!! alfie always perfected his feel sorry for me look so he got away with anything after his ops!!!

I've had to miss class the last couple weeks and am away in ireland next w/e but hopefully back to normal after that!! alfie def misses it!!!
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With angus we put a t shirt on upside down. Back legs wet in arms and tail thru neck. It worked great an his stitches healed up really fast and clean
Jean
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Tubbs is still doing well. She is getting really bored not being able to play. When she was in season I thought she would hate not going for walks but she took to playing in the back garden really well. Even now when we go out the front door, she heads straight for the car or tries to get round to the back garden, so some of her walks have been replaced with playing football in the garden which is great for her cos she gets more exercise but not so great for my waistline as I get less.
Her innactivity because of her stitches seems to be frustrating to her which makes me feel bad but will hopefully be very short lived.
It is really easy to be so practical and use common sense when someone else's dog or cat is poorly in any way but when it is a member of your own family, the emotional side kicks in and all your common sense disappears. I know not to give in to the " please feel sorry for me " looks and I know I should be acting as if everything is quite normal which would help Tubbs not to feel sorry for herself and pick herself up but I am giving in to the "looks". They make you feel so sorry for them, and yes, they wrap you round their little(or in Tubbs's case BIG) paws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: