Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Claim to Fame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magz
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomas lauriston, has worked all over but flits between maryhill shettlston and Kirkie
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis he was great ......... he has a certain charm that's for sure. Very funny man. I couldn't work for laughing that day and people around were looking at me to see if I was someone they ought to know too! It was funny.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
thomas lauriston, has worked all over but flits between maryhill shettlston and Kirkie

I don't recognise the name ......... but then I'm old now and my memory doesn't serve me well. Very Happy I left the force in 1992 and had spent my time in the central. Stewart Street in Glasgow city centre.
I would perhaps recognise his face if he worked in kirkie, that's where I'm from.
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Hately is a mate of Lindsays and I have had him and his wife victoria in my car to take them to the opening of rascas a pub in clarkston. The first time Mark turned up to pick Lindsay up to take him to hospitality at Ibrox I nearly died.

I was on holiday and spent two weeks in Cancun on a all inclusive resort drinking with Rab Douglas, previous celtic goalie, when he was on his honeymoon. He was on my husbands volleyball team, Rab was'nt too great at catching the ball then either lol.

Have pictures of me and Tracy out of coronation street, and some of the other cast members, I dont know who as I have never watched corrie in my life, but they were at the same hotel as Rab in cancun doing a shoot for loaded mag.

The MacDonald brothers from the Xfactor are Lindsay's nephews and pop in for a visit now and again (I am a bit embarrassed to mention that!)

Through work I met our first 'first' minister and have spoken with the Angus Ogilvie's daughter in law.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should just hang about your house Kirsty and meet some stars!!!!! Very Happy
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
oh he's a handsome boy though ........ my face would have been a picture if he'd played kickabout with me! Embarassed Better looking in person than on telly.

absolutely scrummy!! love5
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella

Lindsay was transporting a prisoner from London to Glasgow and on the flight down to heathrow he was seated next to Robbie Coltraine. He said he is a giant of a man. He met him again a couple of years later and remembered him - as I think lindsay was embellishing all those police stories.

When My girlfriend from leeds first met Lindsay she said 'oh my god its Cracker' and I think the fatter he's getting the more he looks like robbie. I wish he had his money.
Lindy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met Billy Connolly too at the Rothesay Folk festive and was talking to him far a while he was dead nice and seen me the next day on my bike and said hi. Have been out on a night out with Ally McCoist!!!!! and had a holidays fling with Laurence out of the band Ride when I was 19, have been back stage at a party with Manni from the Stone Roses. Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Coltrane is a giant! He's huge. Incredibly well spoken and gracious. A very nice man.
Enid ........ I know .......... he is rather nice. I like the slightly scruffy look! Wink
brenda
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father was the head of the film department with STV and I was introduced to numerous celeberities, Dusty Sprinfield, Duran Durans Simon le Bon I even got a kiss from him, Alice Cooper was my favourite. Glen Michael was friends with my father, I met Paladin and I toured the the sets of several shows, I also met Mark McManus from Taggart and a few more in between. I used to sit in the STV canteen and celeb watch.
Brenda
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy wrote:
Have been out on a night out with Ally McCoist!!!!!

oh he tried to chat me up in The Moat House years ago!!!! Laughing Then John came around the corner and called on me and Ally McCoists face went scarlet and he trundled off!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing That was 4 stone ago! Confused
I also went out with a premier league footballer for a short while before I went out with John. Embarassed
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brenda wins hands down - wow.

I was on the time the place show, I went to support my slimming club class leader, and you had to phone and tell them a bit about yourself to get into the audience. Just before the commercial break - John stapleton laid his hand on my shoulder and said, after the break we will be speaking to kirsty - they almost had to hold me in the chair - I wanted to run a mile. But its funny, as soon as the cameras started rolling I thought I was a star and would't shut up - I guess we all want our 15 mins of fame. I still have that tape Laughing
Lindy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Ally McCoist thing was when I was at Uni, quite a hariy wee lump of a guy Laughing Laughing he was much thiner then but still a lump and a bit tight with the old dosh Laughing Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
I think Brenda wins hands down - wow.

I was on the time the place show, I went to support my slimming club class leader, and you had to phone and tell them a bit about yourself to get into the audience. Just before the commercial break - John stapleton laid his hand on my shoulder and said, after the break we will be speaking to kirsty - they almost had to hold me in the chair - I wanted to run a mile. But its funny, as soon as the cameras started rolling I thought I was a star and would't shut up - I guess we all want our 15 mins of fame. I still have that tape Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

that reminds me, I got interviewed by Jackie Bird just after giving birth to Emily!!! Shocked Thankfully not in the delivery room looking like a pound of mince but in the ward. Me and Emily were on Reporting Scotland. So I reckon Emily has to be the youngest at just hours old! Very Happy
Magz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Kirsty I could put it on dvd for you and upload it to the forum Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: