Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Roaming Dogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Roaming Dogs Reply with quote

Hi folks,

When I first moved up here and we came off the motorway and into the estate we had to stop of a dog. Now I initially expected to see a very angry owner in hot pursuit...but no, the dog just carried on.

I have noticed there seem to be a large amount of roaming dogs up here. Living in Yorkshire i do 'fondly' remember sitting in school and looking out the window to see the local pack of dogs messing about on our playing fields...this was the norm. It wasn't until I moved up here I realised how much that had stopped.

There are also a number of responsible owners around here. One of our neighbours has a gorgeous german shepher who wants to mother wee Ash. She is never without her owner. There are a few others like that too, so I know not everyone does it.

So what is being done about this? I trying to find out what it was that was done down south to prevent it.
There is a poodle that regulaly seems to wander about the estate and a boxer too. Do I just ring the warden?

Sorry that may seem stupid but I never had to deal with it before Embarassed
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would say the dog warden is the best option if dogs are left to roam.

No responsible owner would let their dog roam free............I am not talking about the occasional 'escape' which can happen to any of us but people who let the dog out in the morning to fend for themselves are not behaving responsibly.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="John Thomson"]
............I am not talking about the occasional 'escape' which can happen to any of us quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .......... covering your back there John! Murphy aka Houdini!!!!!
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday or the day before i took my two out and for some reason the clip for Inc's lead didn't snap shut and was stuck open. i didn't notes till Inca started to walk in front of my. i think we were both surprised but as soon as she realized she was off like a shot.
i don't trust Inca off lead if she is on her own Twisted Evil as if she catches sight of something she will go after it the same if she picks up a sent. Rolling Eyes
i only have to worry about gypsy if she gets confused i learned this when she was younger.
i had her down at my old school, when i called her my voice echoed all over the place and she didn't know where to go. the more i shouted the worse she got, and the faster she ran in the OTHER DIRECTION Shocked she came back and was fine, i was worse off i felt so guilty. it was the first time i let her off lead on my own, not good Sad

the other day i saw a wee oh I swore tui with out an owner when i was bringing my to back from there run. i went back out it was still there tried to get it to come near me so i could check its tags cos i could see them but not read them. went back in to check with my mum whether or not should try to bring it in and call its owner. spent a good half hour looking for it but no luck. i still keep my eye out for it.

at the round about heading out of condorrat when i was 5 or 6 my mum got my dad to stop the car in the middle of the road, got out dodged the traffic Shocked through the snow and slush to pick up i think it was a poodle but i will check. got back in the car dodging more traffic Shocked and and went back home to call the called the owner. it had slipped through the fence, the owner was relieved when she hered from us. Smile
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a creamy white minuter poodle, 12 or 14 years old and going blind. i don't think it had a clue where he was.
his name was Chico, we had him about two days cos my mum didn't feel he was fit to be put in kennels till the police found his owner.
i remember my dad out up a sine on the living room door saying (Kendal and Haig's animal hospital) remember i was like 6 and my brother was like 3 or 4. i think it was to let us be involved with out getting in the way. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: