Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Worried about Rosie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaelle
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Worried about Rosie Reply with quote

Am quite worried about Rosie. She was her usual self on Saturday, even by her standards going for a reasonable walk,but yesterday and today she will she will not walk further than the garden and at that she has to be encouraged. Her appetite is a bit off and sometimes she is even letting Cuthbert away with bumping into her! She is due back at the vet tonight for a review of her pain relief for her arthritis. Am trying not to fret but maybe I'm Sad just overtired from not sleeping well.! :
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaelle,

at Rosies age and with her arthritis I would not want to force her walk to far...........
Gaelle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting her even into the garden that's worrying me. She is very reluctant to go out even down the three shallow steps at the front door (she can't usually mange the steeper ones at the back door). I've got a bad feeling that I can't shake off and I'm getting scared!
shirley c

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you there with that too, Misty sometimes..... and its getting more often.... doesnt seem to want to go out and I have 5 steps out may back door. Im finding she is peeing a lot at night cause she wont go out, im washing dog beds nearly daily Sad

Misty is 14 and an ex racing greyhound so I think with the long legs and skinny body its worse for her....we are giving her till the end of the month then making a decision....though im hoping she keeps going longer, I really have to keep in mind whats best for her.

On her good days she can nearly canter a few strides up the garden.

Misty is thankfully still eating as normal but couldnt manage the bones we gave them yesterday, her and scooby ended up with pigs ears.

what has the vet said, have they given her any medication, misty is on anti inflmatories and propalin to help her bladder control but im having to up both at the moment
Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about you Gaelle. You have to just do what is best for Rosie. We are hoping for both of you.
Magz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she will let you know how she feels gaelle, thinking of you, have been there with sheila and sometimes they are just in a phase and bounce back other times not, go with how you fee and what she is telling you.
magzl
Gaelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vet thinks its her arthritis and has changed her anti inflammatories and upped her other pain control (Tramadol). We're leaving her propalin just now. I'm not entirely convinced that it is only her arthritis as she seems quite dopey and very shoogly on her legs at times. When she was like this last year (only not so dopey ) it was due to the silly creature stepping off her car ramp at the top instead of the bottom and she damages the muscles in her better front leg, she went to the pain control clinic a GLASGOW VET SCHOOL where she was started on Tramadol and had a few session of acupuncture which helped enormously. She is getting a visit from her acupuncturist next Wedensday as I don't have transport in the day time and that is the soonest availalable. Seems like such a very long way away!! Every day now is a challenge.
Thanks for the support. It helps.
Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaelle, could a lift be helpful? I am retired and could take you and Rosie to the acupuncturist if that would mean she could be treated earlier.
Gaelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be really great. I've managed to get an appointment for tomorrow and p.m.ed you with my details. I really appreciate the offer.!!
Thanks so much
Gaelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: