Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Dog Cages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Bargain Buys & Other Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie & Norman Scoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Dog Cages Reply with quote

We purchased a good quality Dog Cage @ a reasonable price for our Border Collie Pup Sacha:

Online www.caninekennels.com or if you prefer by telephone "Orderline 0845 365 1502.

You can also find Dog Cages for sale on e-bay both New & Second Hand!!!

Canine Kennels can also supply fitted Rubber Mats & Vetbed suitable for the Cage you purchase.
Sheryl
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I wonder if you could help me. I have 2 cross Jack Russell's both males from the same litter and that's where the problem starts!
Everyone has suggested that we get crates for the two of them as this would be there own little secure 'den'.
things is the ones we've looked at are 50.00/60.00 pounds which isn't too bad for one but that means we're talking 120.00 which we simply ant afford the now with holidays etc!
Looking at your prices we would definitely be interested! but.....what size do we need! there small dogs but have loads of energy and love to be sprawled out!?
Any advice would be great!!
x
Janice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Dale's cage from ebay, gwdavies28. Its a shop, doghealth.co.uk.
It came complete with bedding, a divider and two water bowls so it was good value at the time. Now he's got a cheaper range of lighter cages which might be worth looking at. We got the 36 inch size for Dale and he's got lots of room. Your two would definitely be OK in a smaller size. Its been a really good buy. Dale loves his own space and while I don't shut him in very often its very useful, like today when the dishwasher repair man was working in the kitchen.
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
I got Dale's cage from ebay, gwdavies28. Its a shop, doghealth.co.uk.
It came complete with bedding, a divider and two water bowls so it was good value at the time. Now he's got a cheaper range of lighter cages which might be worth looking at. We got the 36 inch size for Dale and he's got lots of room. Your two would definitely be OK in a smaller size. Its been a really good buy. Dale loves his own space and while I don't shut him in very often its very useful, like today when the dishwasher repair man was working in the kitchen.

same if a stranger comes in to our house my two go mental, we had a work man in not long after we got Inca so we put them in the cage to keep them out the way. i thought he had gone on his lunch so i let them out to stretch there legs and go to the toilet. gypsy ran right past me and strait into him, Shocked she got such a fright she ran to my mums room and lost control of her balder. Embarassed i felt sorry for her cos i think she had been sleeping the hole time he was in and never knottiest him till then. they still bark at stranger in the house but we haven't had another incident like that.

but that is what my two tend to do when there put in there cage they sleep. Razz
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 crates, we bought them on Ebay.....about £50 each if I remember but they are large.
We keep them outside the back door, the dogs love them.

the trick is to make it a positive thing to go into.....not a punishment.......simply throw a treat in and the dog will go in for the treat.........simple Very Happy
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get our tow used to it we would eventual lock them in but we would stay in the house and ignore them for like 10 mins then 15 then 20 and let them out after each period of time praise them let them run about then out them back in agen i think with gypsy it was like 4 or 5 attempts at different times before she got used to it, Inca took a Little longer but shes a yap.
but now after there last trip out for the night they most of the time go strait in and i still treat them for it.
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
We have 2 crates, we bought them on Ebay.....about £50 each if I remember but they are large.
We keep them outside the back door, the dogs love them.

the trick is to make it a positive thing to go into.....not a punishment.......simply throw a treat in and the dog will go in for the treat.........simple Very Happy

I definitely agree. We have Mishka's in the kitchen (even though it's too big ) but it is her space and she enjoys going into it throughout the day. Robert hates it but sees the benefits of having it and that Mishka has security when sleeping at night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Bargain Buys & Other Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: