Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Do you think your dog is a nightmare?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Do you think your dog is a nightmare? Reply with quote

Is your dog over excitable? Hyper? always on edge?

Have you ever considered that the dogs diet may be contributing to this?

Most commercial pet food is high in colourants, additives, flavourings and contains grain to 'bulk it up'.
None of these things are good for your dog in much the same way that junk foods are not good for kids.

The average pet needs around 20% protein in their diet some of the major dry foods are as high as 28% and full of additives. Puppy foods can be even worse causing the puppy to grow too quickly putting a strain on the dogs joints.

The healthiest way to feed is a 'species appropriate' raw diet i.e. what wolves eat.

More and more people are switching to this including myself.......I have seen a huge difference in my two......better coats, clean teeth, smaller stools, less stiffness in Diesels hips........overall better.

The only downside I have found is that it requires a freezer, and a bit more planning and resourcefulness. Now my feeding costs are less than when I fed dry/ tinned food.

Our discount food supplier AMP takes the effort out of feeding raw .......everything is prepackaged and frozen........and best of all healthy for your dog!

instead of looking at obedience on its own look at the bigger picture.

I am happy to offer any advice that I can.

Oh and please don't listen to vets on this subject.....they get 30% profit from the Hills Science Plan food that they swear is best for your dog! Vets train for 7 years and spend 5 days of this studying dog diet!
Do your own research and thinking.......what you feed your dog is the single most important decision you will ever make for them.

I hope I have made you think!!!!!!

John
marcella

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no question that a dogs diet affects their behaviour ................ same as humans! If we lived on 'convenience foods' all the time it would do us no good whatsoever.
Think of all the E numbers, artificial flavourings, preservatives etc etc ........... we're fussy about what we eat ourselves so we should look closely at what we feed our dogs.

The change in diet for our two has made a difference, no question.

................. now if I can just get John to look at his diet in the same way I'd be onto a winner. Yes John ........... I did notice you'd binned your broccoli tonight again!!!!!!!!!! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: