Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Kennel or Boarding/Barking mad. HELP!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisaann80

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Kennel or Boarding/Barking mad. HELP!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi

I am needing help!! Getting totally stressed. Heading away for the weekend and my dog walker usually takes Rolo for the weekend however her bitch has just had puppies therefore cant take him.

Suppose what i am asking is if anyone can recommend a good place in Glasgow who look after dogs? I have never used a kennel before and slightly nervous about doing so!

Have contacted barking mad, can anyone recommend them?

HELP

Thanks

Lisa
steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest you've left it far too late for this weekend. You need to plan well ahead.

I only know one friend who have used Barking Mad and they liked the service. Me? I'm wary of it. It's inconsistent and unpredictable and dogs like routine.

Try Crowbank or that kennel up Denny that's name escapes me.

Don't fancy your chances though, Id stay at home.

Smile
Pictures Videos
lisaann80

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey not heading away this weekend, in a couple of weeks! will have a look at the kennel you suggested.

Thanks
lisaann80

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone heard of safe paws?
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barking Mad advertise on this site........my dad collects and delivers the dogs for them.

Jakki and Trudi run the local one......they match the needs of specific dogs to specific hosts.

Give them a call and ask plenty of questions.........it is the only way to get answers.

john
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We put Buster with the chap from wagsters last weekend when our son got married and he came back a lot less stressed than when he was last in kennels. The wagster chap though is now concentrating on his dog walking business but he is passing on recommendations for barking mad.
Isabel
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a some kennels that are good like Crowbank or the kennels in Denny (think it's called burnbank or burnside), don't use Arcadia pet hotel though, not good at all!! Hope you manage to find a free booking Smile
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try birdston kennels milton of campsie 0141 7760611 Wink
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Barking Mad twice and couldn't recommend them highly enough. It's a very professional service and they take time to get to know your dog so they can place them in the right home. for example, Otto doesn't go to someone used to a yorkie!!

We've had feedback from the people who had Otto. Last one sent me a letter that just made me laugh, because it was obvious Otto was just the same there as he is at home.

He won't eat when he's stressed or his routine is out, but he's never not eaten while away with Barking Mad. I know what he'll be like as he's like that when we take him on holiday - unsettled for a few days then settles in.

For one or 2 nights we put him into Andelalie kennels, which is fine - it's just my personal preference to not put him in kennels for a longer period, but I know plenty on here who do and if you get the right kennels it's fine.

I disagree that it's inconsistent or unpredicatable, because i think they know the people who want to be boarders and the dogs and match them well. I see it as a home from home where he is in someone's house getting the exercise and attention he's used to. I know that in kennels he just barks all the time and he comes home tired. He comes home from Barking Mad the same as he left.
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I recently left Millie with Shaelouise from Happy Tails. She does dog walking and home boarding. She has three dogs of her own and usually takes them all to her boyfriends farm in Ayrshire at the weekend. Millie had a great time and came back happy. I would use this service again. Shaelouise is very profesional and loves her job. She phones and Texts to let you know how your dog is getting on.
Her number is 07857389036.
I have considered home boarding myself as Millie gets on well with all dogs and we usually go to Drumpellier Park (Coatbridge Lochs) If you were interested in leaving Rolo with me let me know.

Lynne_khorasani@hotmail.com
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just noticed that my email address has come out wrong when I typed it. Best to post a message if you want to get in touch.

Lynne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: