Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
rituals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: rituals Reply with quote

do any of your dogs have weird rituals?

Diesel has loads.........he spins round before he lies down in is bed, usually 3 times......won't come down in the morning to get his lead on to go for a walk.until Marcella comes down..........then he has to go into the kitchen before he gets his collar on......at this point Murphy is going nuts wanting to get out!
Sometimes I go out the front door and close it and he sits upstairs looking unconcerned. sometimes he simply guards his meal simply to stop Murphy getting it.......strange dog.
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: rituals Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
he spins round before he lies down in is bed, usually 3 times

that is exactly what gypsy dose

with Inca as soon as you show any sine of going out she either follows you everywhere or sits next to the door and yodels as my mum calls it. Very Happy Confused Laughing
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to laugh, Kip doesnt really she just does a "bow wow" thing after each walk thats her sign she enjoyed herself, cant explain it but if you come home after a walk and ignore her she will wait until your nearby just to come over and do the "bow wow".

Her only other thing is when we go for walkies she will go fetch her lead and collar and drop it by your side, in the morning we got out at seven if we are late she brings the lead and collar and waits by your side staring at you until you relent lol
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as soon as Inca hears my mums alarm going off she cry's to get out(that and any time anyone moves around the house at night) and it just gets Lauder and Lauder till you do.
Sheryl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Diesel may have OCD John! ha ha ha

Coby cant have his bedding in his actually bed he has to have it in the living room and if you put it back he always brings it back through. He also circles 3/4 times before lying down and always sleeps biting into his blanket but it usually takes him again 3/4 times to find the bit that hes happy with!

Keano does the tail chasing when he gets excited but that's its hes much less pernickety than Coby!

x
Janice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our old Irish Setter had lots.

He HAD to go out at 10. 30 pm and 7am no matter where he was or what you were doing, including New Years Day when we'd all been up til after 4. One friend wouldn't' believe dogs have a sense of time so we waited til 10.30 and sure enough the barking began. He didn't need out. You only had to take him to the gate and back but there was no peace until you did.

He also insisted on being given any interesting left overs. We never gave him anything at the table but once the plates went back to the kitchen ..... Anyway one night someone came round to record some Christmas music for me to use in school. We had a coffee and some sausage rolls were left. I put the plates out of the way and Tom began to play. The whining began in the kitchen, then barking then jumping up and down while barking. Eventually I worked out there was 1 sausage roll left. It was on a low table but he wouldn't touch it til it was offered.

Now Dale is starting to sit and gaze at the kitchen window from about 10pm onwards waiting for me to bring down the blind so he can try to attack it. He 's also rushing from anywhere in the house or garden if I as much as touch the cupboard door where the hoover lives Rolling Eyes He's not scared of it. I think he wants to herd it. I'm working hard to convince him these aren't his best ideas but it does make life exciting, especially when he's just as keen on the ironing board and the mop and his latest discovery the lawnmower. A great excuse for a mess house and garden 'the dog won't let me tidy up'

Laughing
kendal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if this is a ritual but it is something that my two do all the time more so gypsy but Inca dose it too.

if you go up to gypsy when she is lying down or more so when she is sleeping/waking up, she roles on to her back or just lifts up he back leg that is not on the Flore. my mum says that it is her showing that she trusts us and that she acknowledges me as one of the pack leaders.
dose any one ells dog do this or is it just that my two are strange. Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam our old collie did much the same thing,but he always wanted his tummy rubbed Laughing
kendal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy is the same, its funny her tail goes mental when she dose it. Laughing
its just the fact that she has done it since she was a puppy, we thought it might change when Inca cam but she started doing it too.
shirley c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Misty goes out for PP's she always takes a toy out, its so funny seeing a greyhound squatting with a limp bear hanging from her mouth Laughing sometimes she fogets to bring them in and I have to go out about once a week to collect all the toys back in.

Scooby waits at night for you to hold his duvet up so he can get inside it, not only at night, most of the time but night time especially
kendal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww that's so sweet. Razz
first thing in the morning or even if i come from work or something she has to bring me something be it a toy, a chew, a sock or anything ells random she can get her jaws on. Very Happy
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel always brings a 'gift' ....usually a shoe....but anything he can get in his mouth Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: