Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
annoying neighbour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: annoying neighbour Reply with quote

hi, me again. we are having a problem with one of our neighbours, we take Koda to a patch off grass at the end of our st everyday for him to become housetrained, and as he is a puppy i obviously cant take him to the grass where everybody else takes their dogs.Any way this old lady likes to complain everyday to us that she has to take her bins accross the grass and to not take him here anymore, her house has a garden, then there is a puplic path and patch of grass infront of the house so it is puplic land, we explained he is just a puppy and we clean up his mess everytime, and we will move to the corner(which isnt in front off her house) she threathens to call the police and that we are getting fined. we took him there just an hour ago and there is a strong smell off tea tree oil, or a weak bleach at the spot we take him which isnt at her house, i'm scared she is putting something down to deter us?

i'm really writing this post to see if we are doing everything within the law regarding public land. we clean up everytime he does a poo. but she is trying to blame us for every other dog that leaves a mess. Also where do i stand if i think she is putting something down, should i go ask her is she has?

thank you
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry,

very difficult situation Mad Clearly you neighbour is being unreasonable and clearly does not like dogs.
As long as you clean up after your dog you cannot be fine. However the last thing you want is grief everytime you take your new puppy out.
You could complain that she is putting something down in that area but I think that would simply escalate the situation.........is there any where else close by? The problem with that is when toilet training a pup the dog usually need as soon as they are out.

Another of our members has a similar ongoing problem and his neighbor has been sprinkling broken glass to deter him ( and others) walking in that area.

Sorry I am not really able to offer any constructive advice...........has anyone else experience similar?
kendal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam i ask if that is what happened to star. was it deliberate . Confused
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kendal,

no not Star........it is Toby the Westie that is being targeted.
kendal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is just pathetic the person is not only endangering dogs but children.

Evil or Very Mad
Nicola

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're havng problems just now with our neighbour too. He actually IS the problem and is on the way to creating problems for me and my dogs (more so than just now), and other dogs and their owners. He really is getting me down. I'll explain another day, too much to type tonight.

If it is public ground, and you are cleaning up after your dog, then that's absolutely fine. You will not be fined, despited what she says. She just sounds like a miserable old git, just like my neighbour!
Nicola

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
Hi Kendal,

no not Star........it is Toby the Westie that is being targeted.

Would you mind if I asked what the problem was?
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem Toby's owner is having relates to a neighbour who is putting down broken glass in an attempt to stop dogs peeing on the corner of her house......the house has a public footpath running alongside it.......last I heard he had contacted the Council and police regarding it but I have not heard an update for a couple of weeks now.
kerry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it just annoys me so much as she is targeting the wrong people, we clean up after him and always have him on his leash. Just gets me down that someone can be so horrible to you about somethin you arent doing wrong. she keeps saying we cant possibly clean up after him, not everything.same argument everytime, she apparently thinks that he is going to have diaroea everyday, when he hasnt had it once, told her if that happens he obviously isnt well a will be going to the vets Her son, well i think it was her son had a word with me the other day saying she is just a harmless old lady, which i was willing to put up with , but if she is taking things into her own hands that scares me.

we cant take him anywhere else, that is the closest and tidiest, the patch on the right is where all the kids hang about and there is broken glass everywhere.i just wish he could have had his jag at 10 weeks so he can go out for walks sooner and away from this, instead i have a few more weeks left of reasoning with an old lady that just doesnt listen
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about speaking to the local dog warden? I mean it can't hurt. You get an official (no offence john) information regarding where you stand with the situation.
They are then also made aware of a possible situation and maybe able to advise you what to do there.

As the others have said, if you are being responsible and cleaning up after your dog, you got nothing to worry about.

I think that if she wants to bring about any action she has to proove you and your dog are a public nusciance which would mean prooving that the other poo is from your dogs.

Perhaps you could suggest that to her next time? Tell her to pick the other poo up and go and get it tested if she that convinced? I dunno if they can even do that but how knows nowadays lol

Good luck and I sorry you having such trouble at the moment
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
The problem Toby's owner is having relates to a neighbour who is putting down broken glass in an attempt to stop dogs peeing on the corner of her house......the house has a public footpath running alongside it.......last I heard he had contacted the Council and police regarding it but I have not heard an update for a couple of weeks now.

That is horrific. Shocked

I have spoken with the Enforcement Wardens in my area, who, alongside the Community Police, can hopefully do something about my issues with my neighbour.

The plan is, hopefully, to get us all on neutral ground, ie. a council office or somewhere similar, to discuss the situation. I am going to type up a report today about him.

When he sees my dogs, he immediately stares at them, shouts at them and waves his arms about. He completely terrified my crossbreed during the week. She's around 7 years old and we've had her almost a year. I don't know what kind of past she's had and I do not want her affected by his idiotic behaviour and lack of understanding. (We have other issues with him but the dogs are my main concern.)

When all his carry on started, Roxy immediately ran to our front door and was shaking like a leaf. She was like this for about half an hour and I thought she was going to be sick. My dogs don't go near him and are in no way aggressice towards him, they are good dogs and I always clean up after them. On Saturday, we seen him coming in from his car (he's too much of a wimp to drive, his wife does the driving), Roxy spotted him and bolted to our front door again, I had to go and lift her out into the garden, she wouldn't come out. The front gate was open as I was bringing in my weave poles.

I told him that he's on the way to being bitten if he carries on behaving the way he does around dogs, by bigger and braver dogs than mind, or, dogs that are more terrified and just might turn on him, and it would be his own fault if this happens. I don't want him creating possible problems for other dogs and owners just because of his weird ideas. He once told me 'all dogs are viscious' - absoute nonsense. I have a good mind to go an get an aggressive dog and show him exactly what one is! Rolling Eyes

So, hopefully we'll this this sorted before it gets any worse.

Rant over. Laughing
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
how about speaking to the local dog warden? I mean it can't hurt. You get an official (no offence john) information regarding where you stand with the situation.
They are then also made aware of a possible situation and maybe able to advise you what to do there.

Probably a smart idea, if you call North Lanarkshire Council ask for Fiona the dog warden........really nice person who is happy to help the club so don't hesitate to mention us..........being involved with any obedience training shows right away that you are a responsible dog ownner Smile
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

Probably a smart idea, if you call North Lanarkshire Council ask for Fiona the dog warden........really nice person who is happy to help the club so don't hesitate to mention us..........being involved with any obedience training shows right away that you are a responsible dog ownner Smile

Yes, I agree with that. Smile
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, i tried calling there but they are off due to the glasgow fair holiday so i`ll try them tomorrow morning see if she is in.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry & Paul wrote:
thank you, i tried calling there but they are off due to the glasgow fair holiday so i`ll try them tomorrow morning see if she is in.

Do you have local Community Wardens? They may also be worth a try, aswell as the Dog Warden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: