Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
puppy dying :-(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am so sorry to hear about this, so so sad Sad Sad
Jack
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so very very sorry to hear of your loss. I would be devastated too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I've had personal experience of being told a pet is recovering well only to receive that devastating phone call that they have gone, in one instance shortly before I was due to go visit and check on progress so had got myself all convinced all would be well and she would be home before I knew it. Crying or Very sad

I am 100% with Janis & Shirley - it doesn't matter how long you have a pet for they worm deep into your heart and the sense of loss you have when you lose them is quite devastating.

What works for me is immediately getting a new pet - NOT to replace but to help heal AND to give a new pup a lovely new home Smile Doesn't work for everyone but it does for me.

Whatever you do I wish you lots of luck, will be thinking of you at this very sad time.
Isabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear this.
samstewart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye its just the mrs wont stop crying, god i wish i found this forum under better circs mind you
Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam,

It's a very very sad introduction I grant you but WHEN you take the plunge again and get another pup you will remember us and find it incredibly useful and all the members so supportive and happy to share gems of wisdom with you.

This time is heartbreaking for you all but you will get through it and in time will remember the pup you loved so briefly and lost so tragically with much love and laughter and we'll be here to share that with you.

Hugs to you all, keep us posted as to whether you decide to try again with a new pup.xxx

Purely out of interest.....did the vet say what actually happened to pup and why you had to take that awful decision?
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam........jack's right ...........taking on a new puppy/dog works for some folk and it would work for me!

it's not a replacement but a new addition and there are lots of dogs both at the dog's trust and breeders who are yearning for a new forever home!

and now that you have found this forum...........nice to have you on board!.................get a few pics up of babs.............we'd all love to see her!.............and betty if you have any!

we recently had a lady vikki who had taken on a greyhound of 8 who was riddled with cancer and had to be put down just after a fortnight or so but sunny was given the best attention and comfort and love for the short time he was in vikki's home and heart!

she was talked into getting another wee dog by her other half and they are now the proud owner of josie a 4 year old yorkie!..................and i am so pleased they are now a happy family!

http://www.cumbernaulddogtraining.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=73016&highlight=#73016
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So very sorry to hear this news.......like lots on the forum I have suffered the loss of a pet......only those who have experienced this can understand what you are going through .........

My thoughts are with you.

john
samstewart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vet said that when i took her on the lead and all her jerking about probs caused her to swallow some of her sick and go down the wrong pipe, we just went to see her today and she wouldnt even look up she kept falling, no tail wagging nothing

and then she started squealing, the vet advised as it was her off the meds its caus she was so small, but i am a lover of the small ones Sad
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samstewart wrote:
the vet said that when i took her on the lead and all her jerking about probs caused her to swallow some of her sick and go down the wrong pipe,

I have to doubt that.

john
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
samstewart wrote:
the vet said that when i took her on the lead and all her jerking about probs caused her to swallow some of her sick and go down the wrong pipe,

I have to doubt that.

john

i'm with john on this one ............i am a little suspicious..........however no amount of doubt can bring her back!............sorry!
lynn 01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam I am so very sorry to read of your loss. I recently lost a pet and no matter how small your pet is or for how short a time you have had them they are in your heart. Know that we all share your pain and hope to meet up with you soon
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam i am so sorry. I cant imagine how you are feeling. My thoughts are with you.
Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys don't be too hard on the vet - I HAVE heard of allergic reactions causing dogs to vomit after having their jabs. And IF enough sick IS swallowed down the wrong pipe "drowning" COULD occur but I would expect that to be immediate and NOT after a prolonged stay at the vets where surely they would have intubated him/her and extracted said vomit if possible? Confused Perhaps some sort of brain damage occurred - perhaps a stroke following the jabs - that too is not unheard of although rare and it would explain the sudden deterioration in her health? As it would if the batch of jabs was faulty - which again isn't unheard of and again wouldn't be the vets fault but something is definately off here - the vets explanation doesn't ring true or make sense to me BUT they might be trying to spare you pain or might at this stage genuinley be at a loss to explain what actually happened....

If the exact cause of loss were desired you could pay to have a private, independent autopsy undertaken to establish the exact and true cause BUT that still wouldn't bring pup back OR ease your pain so I would caution against going down that route - it could make you all the more upset.

As painful as it is I think you have to try and draw a line under this and move on. If it helps register the dogs with a new vet - one that has come recommended and that YOU and most importantly your pets are at ease with. I would also strongly recommend getting another pet as soon as you feel able - it will help ease your pain AND give you a focus for all the love you both obviously have to share Wink
Gaelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am very, very sorry for your loss. It's a terrible thing to cope with and as the others say, it makes no difference how long she was with you, she was still in your hearts and loved. Look after yourselves.
Gaelle
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry to hear about your pup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: