Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Enzo has a lump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing do you think i should get a muzzle tomorrow just in case, he has came on leaps and bounds but he has not been to the vet since before his aggression started Twisted Evil
Jack
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more internet searching please until you find out for sure what it is. Trust me - go looking and you're going to upset yourself and until you know for sure what it is or it isn't I don't want you worrying un-neccessarily.

Carry on as normal and only rush to get him in if he gets lethargic Monday is less than 2 days away so I don;t think musch will change in that time.

As for the muzzle. Take one with you just in case - more for your peace of mind that you have it on hand should you need it than out of necessity - keep me posted love OK? Wink
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Jack,your a love and have a heart of gold Wink
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

No problem, but thanks.xxx
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Jack could not help myself and did read up on lymphoma on young dogs on the web and my eyes are filling up, i cannot believe the person on the phone suggested this without a vet looking at him Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't need to look it up love. I knew what it was that's why I TRIED to stop you - I was shouting at poor Mark Embarassed telling them what you had been told. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad To say I was furious on your behalf would be a huge understatement!!!!!

STOP looking now. Prognosis is VERY VERY good in a young dog that is NOT exhibiting lethargy so even IF it is that this doesn't mean it's bad news as such OK?

This is the fact - as of yet he is NOT diagnosed with anything. It might just be an infected wound so stop thinking the worst, chin up, dry your eyes (don't even try and tell me there aren't some tears!) and think positive. Even if it IS the dreaded L word it doesn't mean it has to be worst case scenario time! Whoever you spoke to should NOT have commented at all as they could be completely wrong. I think you should mention this to the vet when you see them Monday.

HUGE hugs babe.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackdeb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww poor enzo Sad tracey i'm sure he'll be ok but you need to stop looking up internet it's not doing you any good and won't resolve anything just wait to see vet on monday..............hopefully you'll get some good news and put your mind at ease.........we'll be thinking of you and enzo let us know how you get on and try to stop worrying Smile

Debs
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, thought this myself, i have heard of lymphoma but really thought it was a non malignant growth that had to be removed Embarassed , i am also very angry at this woman for even suggesting such a thing, Craig is telling me off for looking it up and to stop panicking and i will so try Sad
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy - you've only done what I would have done - I can't help myself - I HAVE to know Embarassed

BUT it hasn't done any good has it - it's just upset you (as it would have upset me). TRY to be positive about it. At this point you don't know anything for sure so please try not to dwell on it - and if you must dwell then remember - his outlook is bright he's exhibiting none of the bad signs apart from the upset tummy so that is reassuring. Wait and get a proper diagnosis on Monday then you'll know for sure what you are dealing with until then all I would be doing is smothering him with affection. (But NOT allowing him to take the mick!)

Go grab a glass o something alcoholic and steady your nerves then, much as it galls me to have to agree with a man Wink do as Craig suggests and calm down - you can't do anything about this just now anyway .

MORE Big hugs, as the others don;t seem to have worked just yet. Very Happy
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh Jack downed half a bottle of vodka so far and i am starting to calm myself Wink
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Girl!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nothing but soothing positive thoughts coming your way - let me know soon as you can how things go and HUGE kisses & cuddles to Enzo.xxxxxxxxx
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Internet is a wonderful place for hypochondriacs !!!!!!!!!!! The more you read the more you believe.

Take a step back and slow down........

John
maureenmcl
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree John more you read about certain symptoms the more paranoid you become.

Craig/Tracey totally understand how you feel Guinness our almost 7 month old lab is going in on Tuesday to get a growth removed and tested from his nose this started as a tiny little spot about 2-3 weeks ago and now is about the size of large pea is also red, he knocked it 2 days ago when playing with a ball on a rope and started to bleed but does not seem to bother him or cause any pain. The lump is not mobile and hard, vet has seen it twice now and indicated that it should be harmless but will not rule out anything more serious until lab results get back .

I am trying to remain positive and looking at the chances in a dog so young etc especially since his nose is always sniffing and in the ground then hopefully this is some foreign object that hes picked up. My son has trawled the internet and he has found in equal measure totally harmless diagnosis and not so good diagnosis so although worried until we get the test results back not doing myself any good or Guinness worrying.

Lets hope Enzo falls into the harmless category and the odds are on his side. As I said earlier been through the gamut of emotions on this one so wont say dont worry but think positive thoughts.

Take care and hugs for Enzo
graceb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tracy, Sorry to hear Enzo has not been well, I hope you everything is fine when you go to the vets tomorrow.
shirley c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of you both and im sure he will be fine, hoping for you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: